[Cynnabar] Archery Revel Thanks!

Elizabeth Calhoun lizcal at umich.edu
Mon Nov 19 15:05:54 UTC 2012

Baroness and Baron Cynnabar, Hail!

To Excellency Hannah, and Excellency Tairdelbach, on behalf of the Archers
and Arbalestiers of Your Populace --

It was our honor and delight to host the Baronial Presence for such a
splendid day of fellowship and feasting!  Allow me, as Marshal in Charge of
the revel, to here thank before You and Your Populace Your Barony's two
most recently arrived Companions of the Greenwood Company, Forester Padraig
and Forester Grey.  Forester Grey was most willing to step in and marshal
the Line when requested and did so with gusto.  Forester Padraig marshaled
his most delightful Chicken Shoot.  Your Barony, Excellencies, can
truthfully be considered a haven for archers and arbalestiers!

Marshal Lady Aeffe and I have already been in consultation with the
Honorable Lady Arina about archery-related activities throughout the winter
suspension of practice.  We know that there is much building and
maintaining now to be done.

It is fitting to quote from a former Kingdom Archer Champion regarding why
we Your archers readily turn our attention to the season-to-come:

"Myth speaks of Cadmus, a man who planted Dragon's teeth. He grew an army.
I say Dragon's Teeth, are a very hardy seed. They grow when planted in the
cold frozen misery of January and bloom in the heat of war. What seeds do
you plant today? War is not won in August. War is won now. It is won by the
hearts and hands of our crafters ....

We have a duty to those who trained us and trained with us to pass the fire
forward. It is the fire that now burns on the hearth at home that shines
from the eyes of the Midrealm in August."

Thus spoke Forester Grey Oddson at Twelfth Night many years ago.

Our duty is to Cynnabar and to the Forester who has trained us to be for
Your Worthy Service: This is the fire in our hearts.  And not duty only,
but also love.

Draco Invictus!

Yours in Bold Service to Your Excellencies, Your Populace, and the Crown of
the Dragon Realm,

Lady Godeath se Wisfaest, AoA, APF, Archery GM