[Cynnabar] Glazing time!

Ann Asplund asplund.ann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:27:00 UTC 2012

To all cynnabarians that have done pottery and had it fired!

Now is the time to glaze - we will run a glaze firing this weekend -
if you can't make it this time, we will fire again, but we can't
promise it will be anytime soon.

Please let us know if you want to glaze your objects, and we have the
week open for you, so if you can't make it tomorrow Tuesday workshop,
don't fret, give us a holler and set up a time. It is not a time
consuming process, after adding water and stirring the glaze up, it
literally takes seconds to glaze a pot.The only glazes we can offer at
the moment is solid black and clear.

If you wan't another color, please go and check out the Rovens
ceramic's store, at Dino drive, off Jackson, and their web
page,www.rovenceramics.org.
If you want to buy your own glaze, it will have to be "cone 05" -
which is a temperature gauge for firing, and lead free. The clay we
are using is RO-14, if they ask. And you want a regular glaze, not an
under glaze. If need be, call us and we will help you :) And the
people at Roven is also very knowledgeable and helpful and will take
good care of you.

YIS,
Arina de Traentorp