[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 09/24/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 02:20:52 UTC 2012

Yup, I'm starting a trend, put out the previous meeting minutes (and then
agenda) the last night before the next meeting is due. I was going for a
motif, or even just a theme, but I think I'm stuck on a trend instead.
Anyway, here you go.

Event and Demo Reports

Ale to the Victors (Sept 22nd)  - Fun. Chilly. They stuck with the theme and
made it fun. Marshal and A&S activities were all based on the event theme.
Smaller turnout but Cynnabar acquitted ourselves well even though it was a
"tie" in the end. Poor directions were noted. We can provide feedback to
Northwoods if they want to do the event again in the future.

Rose Tourney (Sept 22nd)   - Lightly attended. Windy and a bit cool. Only
people at event were those on the teams. The post revel was great!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Coronation of Dag and AnneMarie (Sept. 29th)  - Everything is going good. NO
TOBACCO OR ALCHOLO AT ALL! Please remind people of this if you see ANYTHING.
We do not want to lose this site. Only tape allowed is the painters (blue)
tape. Booklet is beautiful and they will be folding them on Friday night
during setup. Reminder: There is NO parking on the lawn. Road signs will be
setup. Bake sale proceeds will go to helping out Royal Camp at Pennsic.

Fiber Faire (Oct 13th)  -   Chuck S. is presenting our request to the church
consul as they are now requiring in-person presentation on site rental
request. We are not expecting any issues. Other than that, all else is going
good.

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  - We have the Youth Boffer and Rapier marshals set.
Please get any prizes into Their Excellencies. Add will be in the November
Pale (the Oct. deadline was missed).

Nicola's books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 17th and Nov. 24th) -

Wassail (Dec. 8th)  - Included 2nd discussion for $400 budget line item for
site fee ($375) and misc expenses ($25), everyone still seemed OK with this
budget and no concerns were raised. We will be doing a suggested donation
basket to help defray the cost of the site. Their Excellencies will also be
choosing their A&S champion at the event. So please get your A&S set if you
want to try to be A&S Champion!

Old Business

None!

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) -

New Business

None!

Announcements

-          Dance practice coming soon!

-          Finn if fallible

-          We are awesome! (so says HE Hannah)

-          Season wrap-up dinner for armored fighters is next Wednesday. See
HE Tairdelbach with any questions.

-          Kill and Grill will be Oct 7th and it will also be our last
outdoor practice. There will be multiple armored monthly tourneys to make up
some of the missed ones from earlier. Still time to try to get into the
tenants for Grand Tourney!

-          Mistress Claire says: It's always good to go to court at your
home groups event!

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Vincent) - We have about $4400

Webminister (Aaron) - In France.

Fencing Marshal (Galen) - We have a couple of new donations (new tub for
holding loaner masks). Thursday practices start this Thursday (9/27).

MoAS (Arin) - 1. Site tokens are currently being fired!  2. Which means that
the garage will actually be heated this Tuesday,  so if someone wants to
make some pottery for next firing, (some time in the future), or do some
wood work, the garage will not be super cold.  3. Next MOAS report is due
the 15th of October - so please send me a line before the 10th, so that I
can incorporate it into the report. I will send out an email to remind
everyone too.  4. There will be an A&S bean count display at Coronation! So
don't forget to bring your best, and don't forget to bring documentation- it
is not required, but recommended.  5. All class slots are filled for
Coronation!  6. Classes have been posted for Fiber fair!  7. Grand
tournaments A&S will be a "Craft tea" - a circle of chairs for crafters,
with different crafts demonstrated and available for people to try, while
refreshments are being enjoyed - aka don't forget to bring cookies :)

Mo Youth (Ceara) - There will be youth stuff at both Coronation and Grand
Tourney. New office paperwork is being work on thru.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Social cards are around again. Mass meeting mix up:
we do have a room. Look for more details soon. She also has access to the
group website if anyone needs assistance.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) -

Herald (Simcha) - October Herald night will be dedicated to voice heraldry.
Things are going well. Also, looking into doing a "teens for hire" for voice
heraldry. Simcha is also looking for any deputies who are interested in the
office and/or being her replacement.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - Nothing new. Helped to marshal ale to victors in
Weald lake.

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - Themed practices like garb day will continue
including being able to do royal rounds. There will be archery at
Coronation. We have the new 30# replacement limbs for the loaner bow in.
Reign of Arrows on the 6th in the Flint area. Ale to the V was lots of fun
and Godaeth won the archery completion.

Seneschal (Finn) - Trimester report in on time (early even). Next meeting on
10/8.

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - Reports filed. Please send in
award recommendations (Grand Tourney and Wassail coming up!). Things are
going well. Please come to Coronation and stay for court! We are still a
Barony.