[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 04/8/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:49:07 CDT 2013

17 people in attendance. If you miss the opening comments and/or (attempt)
at humor, let me know.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Terpsichore (April. 6th, 2013) - Baroness Giovanna was put on vigil for the
Order of the Pelican. Desert revel when smashing, lots of food. Their
Majesties had a good time. Thanks to everyone who help take care of them
during the day. Good day for Cynnabar! The quest game to mingle during the
ball seemed to go well. Good feedback. Overall attendance was down due to a
few different factors (other events, no middle eastern track this year,
etc). 98 people total. Don't have all the receipts in yet, but profit is
sitting at $480 currently. The Tavern is at -$50 but receipts are also not
in yet. No issues with the site. Although a dead bat was found in the sink.
William of Cynnabar receive and AoA (and was admonished by His Majasity to
get a "real name". :)  Lady Arin received her Purple Fret and the Barony of
Cynnabar received their (second) Purple Fretty.

Fighters Retreat - Went well. They retreated.

Ladies Retreat - Was a wonderful time.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Spring Revel (April 28th Sunday) - On track. Info has been sent out. RSVP to
their Excellencies if interested in being a Baronial armored or rapier
champion. Lady Kasha will be hosting vocal performances for all. More info
on the event web site. Genoveva will check to make sure the restrooms will
be open.

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event (May 18th, 2013) - No update

Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) - All formalities (i.e. paperwork) done. We
have our insurance certificates. The armored MIC has said "no" to armored
knife fights/tourney.

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - No update

Old Business

Herald office: New officer discussion:  Johannes has volunteered to take
over as the new Baronial herald from Simcha. This was our 2nd of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. Johannes said that even though he can
try to be funny, he will take the office seriously. Also he will be taking
over all aspects of the office, voice and book/submissions. Herald nights
will remain at Simca's for the near future. No issues or concerns raised.

Marshal budget proposal: $400 $300 for new items for the office:  This was
our 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Jasen has proposed the
following items for the marshal office and loaner gear that is desperately
needed. Note, the request dropped as the cost of the shields is $100 for the
pair of shields not $100 each. Also Jason noted that the items for the
office will remain with the position and are not for (his) personal items.
No issues or concerns raised.

2 new heather shields (Brannos) = $200 $100 with edging (UPDATE: The pricing
was incorrect as the shields are just $100 for the pair.)
3 Padded coif @ $25 each (Zen Warrior) = $75
1 Dolly to transport loaner armor (already Purchased) = $20
Armor Repair kit for Marshall office:
1 MultiTool (Leatherman) = $20
1 tool box = $10
1 Ballpeen hammer = $10
Other Miscellaneous items = $65 (this would include things such as duct
tape, leather strips, cording, rivets, etc....)

Baronial Favors budget proposal: This was our 2nd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. The Baroness proposed spending up to $125 on
materials needed to make new Baronial favors. These would make 100 favors in
all and these favors would remain part of the Excellencies office and if
there are any left would transition to the next Baron and/or Baroness to be
given out. We have the people and the patterns all set to go. Just need the
materials for fabric, embroidery thread and stabilizer. An example of the
tower embroidery was shown at the meeting. All agree: Very spiffy. No issues
or concerns raised.

UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

None. (wow.)

Announcements

Forester Grey - Thursday for thrown weapons.

Vincent - Has copies of last year's Exchequer report if anyone wants a
hardcopy.

His Excellency - Monthly tournament is the 21st.

Lady Godaeth - Archery practice opens for the season on the 14th (2:pm to
4:pm) weather permitting. Archery web page is updated.