[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 08/19/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 23:12:54 CDT 2013

Technically it's Monday by about 10 minutes as I finish this up. So I missed
my normal Sunday night postings. But they were mostly written during Sunday,
so that counts for something, right? Please?

-F

Event and Demo Reports

Swine and Roses - Nice event. Fighting nice. Fencing good. Nice woods walk
for archery.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Ale to the Victors (Oct. 26th weekend) - This is the return of the "medieval
tailgate" event hosted by Northwoods with our beloved Cynnabar as their
competition. While we are not hosting, this is a big participation event by
us. So we will put this on our upcoming events list to encourage
participation by all!

Fencing Demo - There will be a fencing demo on Sunday Oct 27th from noon -
3:PM at the Ann Arbor District library. It is a focused fencing only demo.
If interested in helping, please contact our Group Fencing Marshal, Galen.

Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) - Our illustrious Event Steward now wants more
than two thumbs to put up for G.T. planning.

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - Have signed contract. Have contracted a
photographer candidate to do both posed and candid style photos. We are NOT
renting an elephant (declares His Excellency). (Seneschal is now looking
into buying one for the group under the $50 seneschal discretionary fund.)

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) - Possibly retailoring the beginning music
track. In planning stages still. Everything is going fine.

Old Business

Event Proposal - Closing the Range (Sunday, Oct. 13th, 2013) - This was 2nd
discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Proposal is for
spending up to $150 for paying for port-a-potty rental and potluck. Adding
dancing pork chop shoot to event. No concerns about budget by group.

Event Proposal - Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) - This was the 2nd
discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Proposal is for
spending up to $750 for paying for site fee and lunch tavern. Break-even
point is 41 people and we normally have over 100 show up. This would be at
the same site (St. Paul's) as previous years. Full budget breakdown
available at meeting for those that want to see details. Lady Arin has
volunteered to do lunch tavern. No concerns about budget by group.

 UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

Budget Proposal - Grand Tournament Lunch Tavern ($350) - This was the 1st
discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Proposal is for
spending up to $350 for paying for lunch tavern. Plan for 100 people with
good portions and extras. Plan on doing the $5 meal deal as in previous
years.

Demo Proposal - Mass Meeting (Thursday September 19th, 2013) - This was the
1st discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. This would be
for the group to support the demo. It would run from 6:PM to 10:PM. We need
help for this. No armored or fencing planned as there is no room to do so
safely, but people bringing armor to show or even wearing armor would help.
Flyers planned to put around campus and local gaming stores. Other ideas
about the demo bantered about.

Announcements

None.weird.