[Cynnabar] Garage sale questions

David Hoornstra dhoorn123 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 16:40:03 EST 2013

I plan to engineer a few. I appreciate the dimmer. Since this is one of my
pet items (peeve or project?) I would point out that since glass also dims
candlelight and that candlelight from a votive is mostly lost among the
table furniture, it is valuable to elevate the glass/candle assembly to
nearly face height to get any atmospheric value (that is, festive faces at
their best, namely candlelight!!!!).

As your candle nerd, I would also mention that a narrow glass enclosure
starves the flame of oxygen, further dimming it. The further down the flame
gets in the well, the dimmer it will get.

I will be glueing short water glasses and jam jars to blocks of wood for
this.

I will also be bringing my traditional tower ham and some wine. This IS a
damp site, right?

Daibhid