[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 12/09/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 21:56:15 EST 2013

Here are the meeting minutes. Nothing witty tonight. Too much stuff to do.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

None.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Wassail! (Dec. 14th) - Doing Good. Will get key. Pretty much everything all
set.

Nicola's Gift Wrapping (Dec. 21st and 22nd) - Should be all set.

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - Feast menu, full class schedule and
descriptions are up on the website.

Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) - No updates.

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) - Planning meeting soon on the 17th. No
other updates.

Old Business

12th Night Lunch Tavern - A new request for spending up to $600 for lunch
tavern at 12th night. Increase in budget is now able to accommodate an
increase up to 200 people. Ermenrich likes the stew. This is the 3rd of our
3 meeting discussion/approval process. APPROVED!

Ann Arbor Christian School Demo (Dec 12th) - The annual demo we do for the
school. 6:30 arrival with 7:PM feast (demo) start. Need 2 fencers, 2 armored
fighters, an MC and dancers.  This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process for the group to officially support the demo.
APPROVED!

Tithing to the Kingdom - This was our 2nd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. Lots more discussion. In the past
traditionally, the Barony as given to the Kingdom travel fund as a specific
area we wanted to support the Kingdom. This had been done by reign. The
amount had varied depending how the group was doing but was usually between
$200 and $500. The original suggestion was to tithe 10% (roughly $900). But
there is questions about spending that much at once. Most people seem to be
OK with a split amount, like $500 during this reign and another tithing next
reign. Another question is to approve the full, but split amount now, or
approve the $500 now and then during the next reign go thru another approval
process for the next travel fund tithing? Doing another approval later does
give the flexibility to see where the group is financially at that time as
well.

12th Night Event and Feast budget - Spending up to $2500 for the 12th Night
event. Breaks down to $1200 for site, $300 miscellaneous and $1000 for feast
(with the feast able to be increased in size due to Kingdom 12th night. This
is the 2rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Discussion around Youth at events and determining guidelines and rules -

New Business

Winterfeast Demo (Jan. 14th) - This is a small "table/display" demo on the U
of Michigan campus to show students our group. There is a $30 fee for the
table space that each group needs to pay.  This is the 1st of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process for the group to officially support the demo and
pay the $30 fee.

Gambling coins and bags restocking request - Sir Straum is requesting up to
$400 to restock our coins and bags that we use during the gambling at our
events. There was a larger amount of walk off this year and we have less
than 100 bags left. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) - Lady Godaeth has talked to the
site that we had GDoT and they are willing to have us back and will pencil
us in for Nov. 15th of next year.  This will be for the group to approve
supporting this event again to get it on the Kingdom calendar (budget to be
done later). This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Announcements

No Baronial business meeting on Dec 23rd.

December officer reports will be due on the Dec 16.

Cynnabar gift exchange will be on Dec 30th. IN GARB.

Armored/rapier practices resume on Jan 12th.