[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 06/24/13 meeting (with Officer Report Night)

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 18:55:53 CDT 2013

Another Sunday. Another set of meeting minutes. Enjoy!

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Baron Wars - Hot, rain, packing up and going home. Good event, lots of
fighting. Gregor authorized in rapier. Forester Gray won thrown weapons.
Forester Dillon received an honorable mention in court for archery and he
gave his prize to another. People said it was a good time.now that they are
home. Everyone pulled together during the bad weather to help out. Cynnabar
rocks!

Known World Dance in the East Kingdom - Good event. They had a professional
renaissance band that included a 2 hour lesson that our folks that went got
to partake in.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Saline Celtic Festival (July. 13th) - Still looking for more people to join
in to help. Info on the Baronial e-mail list soon.

Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) - Pale add for September submitted. Many thanks
to Genoveva and others who helped. Will update the event website soon.
(Note: If we have a Baronial moderator on our Baronial Facebook page create
the Facebook event for Grand Tourney, it will show up as coming from
Cynnabar instead of an individual.)

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - We have an event. Simcha would also like
to contract with a (preferably) volunteer photographer for the event. If you
know any, please e-mail her.

Old Business

Baronial Exchequer position - Both candidates gave nice recaps of their
experience, qualifications and why they desire to be the next Baronial
Exchequer. After a few questions to the candidates, we sent them out of the
room so the rest of the people there could discuss. The discussion was
great. Lots of opinions offered and considerations weighed and given on both
gentlemen. A show of hands vote (with consideration of some proxy votes as
well) showed that Tristan was the  favored candidate. Both candidates were
brought in and the Trisatan was announced as our next Baronial Exchequer.

As noted in the meeting, I would like to echo here in the notes that we are
blessed to have not one but two great individuals that are willing to
volunteer for this office. It is an awesome problem to have. The entire
process was nice, civilized and with participation by everyone at the
meetings. Thanks again to Aaron and Tristan both for volunteering and thanks
for putting themselves forward for this process. It's gentlemen like them
that make this Barony a great place to live.

UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

Event proposal - St. Cecilia (May 10th, 2014 with possibly the Friday as
well as "practice" sessions) - Cost would be $400 for Friday and Saturday
and gate would be a "suggested donation" of $8 with an expected attendance
of around 50 (as it has been around that amount for past 2 years) would be
break even. Lunch and/or dinner budgets will be done in a separate
discussion. This is for approval for the Barony to support the event/site
budget proposal. This was the first of our 3 meeting discussion approval
process.

Budget proposal for buying materials to make towers - Gregor and Genoveva is
requesting $300 for materials in order to make a pair of towers for general
decorations and atmospheric purposes. The towers would be 7'-8' tall and
about 2' wide at the base and be collapsible (flat) and portable. They could
be used outdoors as well as indoors. A lively discussion on the details of
the design and purpose was held. Overall people seemed to like the idea as
there was no negative comments really given. This was the first of our 3
meeting discussion approval process.

Announcements

Her Excellency Hannah - The Baronial Revel in the park is Sunday. Practice
is therefore at noon with dinner after starting at 4:PM. Garb is suggested
and encouraged by Her Excellency. This will also be the monthly tourneys.

Bierke is awesome.

Cynnabar camp fee is going up this year from $20 to $25 in order to assist
with many needed capital improvements.

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Aelfric as interim) - We have money ($7696.51) and we can't have
any.

Webminister (Aaron) - We have a web site and we can't have any(?!?)

Fencing Marshal (Galen) - Everything, as far as I know, is going well. The
run of an event a weekend made turn out for each event a little thin and has
left a few of the fencers a little haggard, but in good spirits for Pennsic.
Nothing else to report.
email me if you have any questions. Galen

MoAS (Arin) - Workshops going on. Good time to take out stuff for Pennsic
and bring along.

Mo Youth (Ceara) - Still working on Youth Handbook. There will be kids'
activities for our Grand Tournament and 12th Night events.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Things are going fine. Gold Key is popular. Looking
to do a "walking demo" at the Ann Arbor Art Fair on July 17th between
6:PM-8:PM. This will be in garb. Look for more info soon.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) -

Herald (Johannes) - We have heraldry and no we can't have any. The Baronial
Order of Precedence is updated. Herald night is 1st Monday of the month
still.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - Marshal report sent in. Fix stuff at my place July
10th. To be confirmed with the lady of the house but it shouldn't be a
problem. Also need to do an inventory of all marshal stuff. Will need some
assist with that. Other than that we are all good

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - Unto the Populace: The last month has been very
busy at Forester Dillon's range!  Not only have we had our usual archers at
practice, we have been joined now by fencers Lady Gabriela and occasionally
Lady Birke, with a guest from a distant Barony!   In addition we have four
new people coming to practice as well as one "Cynnabar return-ee."

We are grateful for the Knight and Fencing Marshals' willingness to amend
the start time of fighting practice on Sundays -- THANK YOU!

Marshal Lady Aeffe and I were at Talonval to teach an "Introduction to SCA
Archery" class.  We assisted beginners throughout the day at the range.
Lady Aeffe persisted to the end in a terrible and desperate contest with Sir
Ranthulfr for the Albin Buckthorn Archery Championship.

We also assisted beginners at the range at Baron Wars, in the good company
of Foresters Dillon and Grey.

Current projects include assembling more Baronial loaner arrows and getting
ready to be first-time Archery Marshals throughout the War Week at Pennsic.

Respectfully submitted,

Lady Godaeth se Wisfaest, Archery GM

Seneschal (Finn) - 2nd Quarter Report in (but a bit late). Will be looking
at upcoming schedules (Pennsic/holidays/etc) in regards to Baronial business
meetings.

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - Pennsic, please come to if you
are pre-registered. Baronial court at Pennsic will be on Wednesday with a
pot luck beforehand. Please send in award recommendations. And we are still
a Barony and no we can't have any!