[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 08/26/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 20:51:01 CDT 2013

Event and Demo Reports

Baronial Revel - There was fencing and armored tournaments. Music as well.
It was fun revel which included a water balloon fight. Sir Dirk even arrived
in a canoe.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Ale to the Victors (Oct. 26th weekend) - This is the return of the "medieval
tailgate" event hosted by Northwoods with our beloved Cynnabar as their
competition. While we are not hosting, this is a big participation event by
us. So we will put this on our upcoming events list to encourage
participation by all!

Fencing Demo - There will be a fencing demo on Sunday Oct 27th from noon -
3:PM at the Ann Arbor District library. It is a focused fencing only demo.
More fencers please.

Grand Day of Tournaments (Nov. 16th) - Activities are being planned. Updates
on the web site. Their Highnesses will be attending! Event steward is giving
things both thumbs up AND a big toe!

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - The Royals shall be invited, but we don't
know if they will come or not. Planning meeting will be held soon.

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) - No updates.

Old Business

Event Proposal - Closing the Range (Sunday, Oct. 13th, 2013) - This was our
3rd discussion/approval of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.
Proposal is for spending up to $150 for paying for port-a-potty rental and
potluck. Adding dancing pork chop shoot to event. No concerns about budget
by group. No issues or concerns. EVENT APPROVED!

Event Proposal - Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) - This was our 3rd
discussion/approval of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Proposal
is for spending up to $750 for paying for site fee and lunch tavern.
Break-even point is 41 people and we normally have over 100 show up. This
would be at the same site (St. Paul's) as previous years. Full budget
breakdown available at meeting for those that want to see details. Lady Arin
has volunteered to do lunch tavern. No concerns about budget by group. No
issues or concerns. EVENT APPROVED!

Budget Proposal - Grand Tournament Lunch Tavern ($350) - This was our 2nd
discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Proposal is for
spending up to $350 for paying for lunch tavern. Plan for 100 people with
good portions and extras. Plan on doing the $5 meal deal as in previous
years. Menu is on website. Lady Arin will be cooking. No concerns brought
up.

Demo Proposal - Mass Meeting (Thursday September 19th, 2013) - This was our
2nd discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. This would be
for the group to support the demo. It would run from 6:PM to 10:PM. We need
help for this. No armored or fencing planned as there is no room to do so
safely, but people bringing armor to show or even wearing armor would help.
Flyers planned to put around campus and local gaming stores. No concerns
brought up.

UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

Event Proposal - Wassail! (Dec. 14th) - No budget proposal was brought for
the meeting. Will wait till budget/event proposal is set before we can start
the 3-meeting/approval process.

Announcements

Lady Simcha was ask to teach at RUM and is going to Cleftlands. If
interested in going, see Simcha.

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Tristan) - Yes we have money and no we can't have any. We can
afford to purchase 5.7274902 oz of gold (based on exchange rate at time of
meeting) with our Baronial funds (That's about $8076.91). Seneschal needs to
sign the bank signatory card.

Webminister (Aaron) - no report.

Fencing Marshal (Galen) - Fencing going OK. Not much to report. Turnout is
light but hoping just post-Pennsic lethargy. Galen would like to step down
at the end of October (he's pregnant). If you are interested, (in becoming
the next Group Fencing Marshal, not in becoming pregnant) see Galen, Finn or
Their Excellencies.

MoAS (Arin) - no report.

Mo Youth (Ceara) - no report.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - We have demos coming up. New people are showing up
as well.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - (reported via YouTube)

Herald (Johannes) - Awesome heraldry night last month.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - no report.

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - Range will reopen Sept. 8th. Went to Pennsic and
volunteered marshalling. Even made a knight feel dirty.

Seneschal (Finn) - Seneschal Baronial report is due on the 30th.

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - New badges are done. Their
Highnesses will be coming to Grand Day of Tournaments. Please send in
Kingdom award recommendations. Need prizes for G.D.T. event. His Excellency
confirmed that we are still a Barony.