[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 09/09/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 20:44:38 CDT 2013

I had this awesome, clever, extremely funny opening I was going to write for
you all tonight but my cat is demanding I pay attention to them instead..

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Reign of Arrows - Cool archery event. Well ran. Well attended by Cynnabar
folks. Forester Dillon came in 2nd place in both classes (bow and crossbow)
and Forester Padraig came in 1st in crossbow! Congratulations to both.

Harvest Days - Several Cynnabar folks went. Good time had by all.

Havoc in Hastings - Combo demo/event. Everyone had fun.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Closing the Range (Sunday, Oct. 13th, 2013) - Adding a 3D targets for the
roving range (zombie squirrels, rabbits and woodchucks)

Ale to the Victors (Oct. 26th weekend) - This is the return of the "medieval
tailgate" event hosted by Northwoods with our beloved Cynnabar as their
competition. While we are not hosting, this is a big participation event by
us. So we will put this on our upcoming events list to encourage
participation by all! This is a fun event. PLEASE COME!

Fencing Demo - There will be a fencing demo on Sunday Oct 27th from noon -
3:PM at the Ann Arbor District library. It is a focused fencing only demo.
NEED MORE FENCERS PLEASE!

Grand Day of Tournaments (Nov. 16th) - WOOT! Planning meeting on Wednesday
the 11th. Outstanding website updates. Need retainers and royal room guards.
Check out thrown weapon pages on the event website.

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - No updates

Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) - No updates

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) - No updates

Old Business

Budget Proposal - Grand Tournament Lunch Tavern ($350) - This was our 3rd
discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Proposal is for
spending up to $350 for paying for lunch tavern. Plan for 100 people with
good portions and extras. Plan on doing the $5 meal deal as in previous
years. Menu is on website. Lady Arin will be cooking. No concerns brought
up. APPROVED!

Demo Proposal - Mass Meeting (Thursday September 19th, 2013) - This was our
3rd discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. This would be
for the group to support the demo. It would run from 6:PM to 10:PM. We need
help for this. No armored or fencing planned as there is no room to do so
safely, but people bringing armor to show or even wearing armor would help.
No concerns brought up. APPROVED!

UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

Event Proposal - Wassail! (Dec. 14th) - This was our 1st discussion of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. Proposal is for spending up to $450 for
paying for site and some fudge amount. The event will be at the Chelsea
Community Fair  Grounds (same site as last year). No concerns brought up.

New Group Fencing Marshal - William has thrown his hat in the ring to become
Cynnabar's next Group Fencing Marshal to take over from Galen who is
pregnant. Everyone at the meeting seemed fine with William as candidate.
Questions were asked of him and he responded well to all of them. If you
have questions for William concerning him becoming the next GFM, please come
to the next meeting and ask! This was our 1st discussion of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process.

Announcements

-          The Brewers and Vintners guild will be having a meeting on
September 14th from 1-5 pm.  Drop in for all or part of the meeting at the
Shefferly home in Dexter.

-          Garb workdays are coming back! Upcoming Garb Workdays include:

o   Saturday, Sept. 28 10am-6pm

o   Saturday, November 9 10am-6pm

o   Saturday, December 14 10am-6pm

-          It is Forester Padraig's birthday!