[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 03/24/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 03:29:56 UTC 2014

Event and Demo Reports

Clancy Day – Kick ass event. Really cool site. Well attended. Very cool.

Fighter Retreat – Good time. Talked about lots of stuff. About 15 people
showed up.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) – Everything is going fine. Have a plan A
and plan B for vigils.

Spring Revel Event (April 27th, 2014) – Nothing new. Come to the event, it’s
fun!

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) – Proposal for lunch tavern coming soon.

Saline Celtic Festival (July 11th and 12th) – Contacted our contact. They
are excited about having archery and will see if we can get the space for
it.

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) – We have the gambling bags now.
His Majesty has his already. We now have lots of them and should last a
while.

Old Business

None

New Business

New line item budget proposal: New Baronial Pennsic camp cart (up to $750) –
This proposal is for spending up to $750 (includes shipping) for buying a
new (mostly) pre-built and finished Amish cart for the Pennsic camp. A new
camp cart is needed and the idea would be for the Pennsic camp to raise the
money over the next couple of years to eventually buy the cart from the
Barony as the cart will be living at Pennsic. Everyone at the meeting
thought this is a good idea. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process.

New line item budget proposal: Buying materials for finishing/revamping the
Baronial ballista (up to $250) – This proposal is for spending up to $250
for materials needed to finish rebuilding the Baronial ballista and get it
not only functional but much easier to use. A list of materials and costs
were provided at the meeting for review. An opposing viewpoint was raised
around the idea that siege weapons should not be part of what we do (as the
SCA) and therefore we should not encourage/support such a project. Other
viewpoints were brought up that it is currently allowed under the SCA rules
and there does seem to be enough people interested in the project to warrant
supporting it. Come to the next two meetings for more talk and final
approval decision. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

Announcements

-          There are good sale at Cabella’s on throwing knives.

-          Lady Cera will be stepping down as Minister of Youth (she is
stepping up as Regional) at Grand Day of Tournament. If anyone is interested
in the office, please see Cera.

-          Pre-reg for Pennsic is now open!

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Tristan) – YWHMANYCHA. We have 51 ½ tons of salt! Which is about
$10,302.08. However we still have some final items still outstanding from
12th night. So there is really about $1,700 less than that.

Webminister (Aaron) – There is still a web site... It was down for a couple
hours on Friday the 14th of March due to a problem with the cloud provider's
configuration, but I was able to rebuild onto a new cloud instance.

Fencing Marshal (William) – We are having practices. Attendance can vary
week to week from 3 people to 15+.

MoAS (Arin) – Next workshop and movie night. April 15th is next report due.
Pentamere’s A&S Faire is at It Takes a Child
 event. Even if you can’t make
the event you can still send in your work  with someone else.

Mo Youth (Ceara) – Have youth stuff around. Northwoods Community College
will have a Youth round table to learn about Youth things. It Takes a Child

event, self-explanatory. Spring revel, deputy Ashley will be holding youth
activities.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) – – Additions for gold key have been acquired. Pics
online soon. Newcomers workshop will be held at Sunday armored/rapier
practice on April 6th. There is a Boy Scout demo opportunity on June 26th at
11:AM on a Tuesday. They are looking for armored fighters. If you are
available to help, please contact Genoveva .

Chronicler (Ermenrich) – The latest edition of the Citadel (The Fool's
Edition) has been published and is available for viewing on the Chronicler's
page.  Next issue is scheduled for late June or early July.

Herald (Johannes) – There will be heraldry at Terp. Bring your heraldry to
Terp! Herald nights continue. There are some submissions going on as well.

Knight Marshal (Jason) –

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) –  There may be archery at some point. But there
is still  snow on the range and it will be swampy for a bit. Hoping to be
able to open up the range around April 20th. Also talking of adding more
ideas at the range for different shoots, like bring the 3D shoot on a
regular basis.

Seneschal (Finn) – Quarterly report is in (albeit a bit late).

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) – Go to Terp! Go to Spring Revel!
Please send in award recommendations for Spring Revel. We are still a
Barony.