[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Agenda for 04/14/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 03:43:52 UTC 2014

Event and Demo Reports

Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) -

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Spring Revel Event (April 27th, 2014) -

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) -

Saline Celtic Festival (July 11th and 12th) -

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) -

Old Business

New Baronial Pennsic camp cart (up to $750) - This proposal is for spending
up to $750 (includes shipping) for buying a new (mostly) pre-built and
finished Amish cart for the Pennsic camp. A new camp cart is needed and the
idea would be for the Pennsic camp to raise the money over the next couple
of years to eventually buy the cart from the Barony as the cart will be
living at Pennsic. Everyone at the meeting thought this is a good idea. This
is the 2st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Buying materials for finishing/revamping the Baronial ballista (up to $250)
- This proposal is for spending up to $250 for materials needed to finish
rebuilding the Baronial ballista and get it not only functional but much
easier to use. A list of materials and costs were provided at the meeting
for review. An opposing viewpoint was raised around the idea that siege
weapons should not be part of what we do (as the SCA) and therefore we
should not encourage/support such a project. Other viewpoints were brought
up that it is currently allowed under the SCA rules and there does seem to
be enough people interested in the project to warrant supporting it. Come to
the next two meetings for more talk and final approval decision. This is the
2st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

New Business

To discuss: "Ale to the Victors" We've been contacted about our
participation and event date.

New line item budget proposal: Baronial Transition/polling required costs
(up to $100) - This proposal is for spending up to $100 for the Barony's
responsibility for printing/mailing costs during the Baronial Transition
(polling) process. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

New line item budget proposal: Chronicler's Office Supplies for holding back
issues of Citadel (up to $50) - This proposal is for spending up to $50 for
the Chronicler's Office.  The binders that hold the back issues of the
Citadel are falling apart.  Likewise, most of the plastic page protectors
are torn.  Would like to make sure the physical copies are in new binders
and page protectors to ensure their longevity.  For this reason requesting
up to $50.00 in funds to buy four new three ring binders and up to 150 page
protectors.

 The 2" Heavy Duty 3-Ring binders cost $7.49 a piece and the 25 pack of
heavy duty page protectors are $2.99.  This is the 1st of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process.

Announcements