[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 04/21/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 03:28:10 UTC 2014

Meeting minutes from 1 week ago.

Event and Demo Reports

Opening of the range - Very nice.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Spring Revel Event and Budget (April 27th, 2014) - Please come! Pot luck,
bring food. Wear garb. Send in award recs if you have them. Noonish fighting
start (10:AM for Sir Straum).

Penguicon Fencing Demo (May 4th) - -3 pm on Sunday, at the Southfield Westin
Hotel in the Algonquin Ballroom, Section A.  Fencers can show up to the
hotel (parking is free in the garage structure) and just find their way to
the Algonquin Ballroom (Floor 1) shortly before 1 pm.  :)  (For those just
attending the demo, attendance is free.  If you're attending the entire
convention, please buy a convention badge.)

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) - Class schedule is posted. Concert
information is up for Friday and Saturday nights. Ermenrich will be looking
for volunteers to help with activities and will be posting request online.

Saline Celtic Festival (July 11th and 12th) - Nothing new.

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) - Sir Straum reports that he has
the coins (an additional 50lbs.) and plenty bags now. Spent $351.89 and has
receipts (we approved up to $400). Contract will be signed soon.

Old Business

New Baronial Pennsic camp cart (up to $750) - This proposal is for spending
up to $750 (includes shipping) for buying a new (mostly) pre-built and
finished Amish cart for the Pennsic camp. A new camp cart is needed and the
idea would be for the Pennsic camp to raise the money over the next couple
of years to eventually buy the cart from the Barony as the cart will be
living at Pennsic. Everyone at the meeting thought this is a good idea. This
is the 3rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. APPROVED!

Buying materials for finishing/revamping the Baronial ballista (up to $250)
- This proposal is for spending up to $250 for materials needed to finish
rebuilding the Baronial ballista and get it not only functional but much
easier to use. A list of materials and costs were provided at the meeting
for review. This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.
APPROVED!

Baronial Transition/polling required costs (up to $100) - This proposal is
for spending up to $100 for the Barony's responsibility for printing/mailing
costs during the Baronial Transition (polling) process. This is the 2nd of
our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No issues or concerns.

Chronicler's Office Supplies for holding back issues of Citadel (up to $50)
- This proposal is for spending up to $50 for the Chronicler's Office.  The
binders that hold the back issues of the Citadel are falling apart.
Likewise, most of the plastic page protectors are torn.  Would like to make
sure the physical copies are in new binders and page protectors to ensure
their longevity.  For this reason requesting up to $50.00 in funds to buy
four new three ring binders and up to 150 page protectors.

 The 2" Heavy Duty 3-Ring binders cost $7.49 a piece and the 25 pack of
heavy duty page protectors are $2.99.  This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. There were questions of using our 503.c tax
free discount  and having Ermenrich using his Meijer discount when
purchasing the supplies. We could use one or the other, but not both since
if Ermenrich uses his discount he is not a tax exempt group. So the plan it
to use Ermenrich's discount since it's better than the tax free savings. No
issues or concerns.

Lunch and Dinner Taverns for St. Cecilia event. The proposal is for a $400
request for purchasing food and goods for doing both the lunch and dinner
taverns. Break even for both lunch and dinner would be 33 people (for each).
Making lunch and dinner for 50 servings. Pricing would be $5 lunch and $7
dinner. With cost of the site fee, it would make an even $20 for site fee,
lunch and dinner combined. Proposed menu was provide at the meeting. This is
the 2nd discussion of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No issues
or concerns.

New Business

The Seneschal is looking at the timeframe of May 19th through June 23rd for
the window to submit Letters of Intent for those wanting to put their names
in for Baron and/or Baroness. An official letter explaining everything that
is needed for submission and official times will be sent out beforehand.

It was decided that there will be NO Baronial business meeting on Memorial
Day, May 26th. As it is a 4th Monday meeting where we normally do officer
reports, we will instead have officer reports for May due a week earlier at
the 19th meeting.

Their Excelleices are planning to host an informal 1st talk for anyone who
is interested in being the next Baron and/or Baroness on May 8th. A separate
e-mail and Facebook note went out with the details. Please note, this is not
a meeting for those that just want to listen or are curious. This is
designed for those who are considering actually sitting the thrones of
Cynnabar.

Announcements

Mistress Arin - Pentamere Regional A&S is next weekend. Please come and see!
Also could most likely use more judges.

THL Ermenrich - Back issues of the Citadel are being digitized and put
online. Lots of great history. He is planning on putting select cool
articles online.

Alexander will be teaching a beeswax caring class at It Takes a Child.

Genoveva will be entering the Pentathlon  in 4 separate categories.