[Cynnabar] SCA Demo Request/Information

Malachy von Ulm via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Aug 20 13:31:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 09:23:25PM -0400, Kell Carnahan via Barony wrote:
> If we want to, we could organize an entire SCA track of classes at
> Penguicon.  We could have SCA dance classes, medieval cooking classes,
> fiber arts classes, armored combat and rapier demos, you name it -
> Penguicon would probably love it.

Especially if there's a hands-on component.  Unlike several of the other
groups present there, it's a bit harder to involve them in our combat as a
hands-on activity.  We don't get to just dump a pile of foam weapons and
shields at their feet and say "go!"

The somewhat difficult thing is realizing that in many cases we're preaching
to the choir and cross-stealing from other groups.  Dagohir, for example.
:-)

--
Malachy

"Ancient nightmares. Archaic legends.  Enigmatic dreams. All of it is true."
Abney Park - All the Myths are True.