[Cynnabar] Nicola's Gift Wrap 2014

Pat via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Dec 2 19:09:23 UTC 2014

To the Barony of CynnabarDuring the Holiday season Nicola's Books offers local charity groups the opportunity to gift wrap purchases on a volunteer basis.  There is no set charge. Customers donate what they feel the service is worth and they are usually very grateful.  The groups get to keep all donations.
The SCA qualifies because it is an educational not-for-profit group.
At a recent meeting The Barony of Cynnabar  selected  two days, Saturday, Dec 13 and Sunday, Dec 21,  to volunteer gift wrap at the store.
If you are interested in volunteering please reply to this email.
Sat, Dec 13-If there are two people who want to take the 10a-12p shift on Saturday, I will let you take my shift.  I plan to be in the store for a while anyway.
Sun, Dec 21-This is my regular schedule, I will be working in the store.  I am unavailable to take a wrap shift, except in an emergency.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at the store or by email.   My schedule is Sun-Thurs, day shift.

ThanksAmyon734 662-0600-work734 678-9929-cell

Following are the open shifts-
Saturday, Dec 13
10a-12p- Lady Amyon

10a-12p

12p-2p- Lady Bianca

12p-2p

2p-4p- Mistress Claire
2p-4p

4p-6p- Lady Arina de Traintop
4p-6p- Sir Ranthulfr Asparlundr***************************************
Sunday, Dec 21
10a-12p
10a-12p

12p-2p- Mike Rice
12p-2p

2p-4p- Lady Godeath
2p-4p- Aeffe

4p-6p- His Excellency, Baron Ermenrich
4p-6p- Her Excellency, Baroness Kasha Alekseeva*****************************

LocationNicola's BooksWestgate Shopping Center2513 Jackson AveAnn Arbor, Mi(At the corner of Jackson Ave and Stadium Blvd/Maple)734 662-0600Store HoursMon- Fri- 9am-9pmSat- 9am- 8pmSun- 9am- 6pmSchedulingThe schedule is done in 2-hour blocks.
Gift WrappingThe table is located in the middle of the store near the magazines.   Two people can maneuver easily.  You can bring flyers and the sign.
We like to have two people per shift.  If only one person is available and the store is busy a volunteer from another group may be called in to help.  In that case, the monies will be split between the two groups.
If anyone needs a quick lesson on gift wrapping,  the staff will be glad to assist you.   We have a fast and easy way.The store provides wrapping paper, scissors, tape, ribbon,  a jar for donations and chairs to sit.  You bring the fun.MoneyAt the end of the day, please put the donations in an envelope(that will be provided) and ask the staff to put it in Pat's Box. I will have it deposited in the bank and the group will receive a check in January.  These instructions are per the Exchequer.

AttendanceIt is very important that you arrive for your shift on time.  If you cannot come, try to find a replacement.  If you cannot work your shift and cannot find a replacement you must call the store. " No shows" could jeopardize this opportunity for next year.
ParkingThere is ample free parking.  Because of the Holiday season you may have to circle around a bit.  You can also park in the back lot near.  If you do, you must call the store for someone to let you in the back door.  Ideally ask for me.
GarbPlease wear garb.  This will let the public know who we are at a glance.  It could get warm or cool. Dressing in layers is suggested.  DiningThere are several good eateries in the shopping center.   The choices are Thai, Middle Eastern,  Zingerman's,  Seva,  The Quarter Bistro,  Kroger Deli, Subway and Jersey Mikes.  There are many other fast food establishments nearby on Stadium.  Changing roomsThe ladies public restroom is large enough for women to change into garb if needed.  The men's room is smaller but can be used.  There is a storage room upstairs that is mostly empty during the Holiday season that is also available.