[Cynnabar] Event proposals in Cynnabar

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Dec 14 22:01:57 UTC 2014

Greetings to the Barony from your Seneschal (with serious hat on),

I see that a post has been made both to the Cynnabar e-mail last and to
Cynnabar Facebook page discussing possible dates on next year's GDoT event.
I would first like to thank Johannes and Agnoletta for posting to both
lists.

I notice that the full conversation is happening on the Facebook page.
Personally, I do not like having "internal Cynnabar planning" discussions on
Facebook, as there are many non-Cynnabar people on the Facebook list. But
perhaps it is something I'll have to live with. As this has just been a
discussion on best possible event dates, I guess it is not too bad. But
please be careful what gets discussed on Facebook vs. our internal e-mail
list. Thank you.

In regards to the event proper, I would like to put a couple reminders to
people.

First: We have in the recent past agreed to get a recurring event on the
Kingdom calendar before our normal full event process (3 meeting approval)
has done. These should be considered and exception to the rule. GDoT is far
enough out that I expect to go through the full event proposal/approval
process before we submit anything to Kingdom Calendar.

Second: While I commend Johannes and Agnoletta for getting an early start on
putting an event bid together, I would like to remind folks that more than
one person(s) can submit a bid for an event. It would then be up to the
group to decide on which event bid that they want to support. So if you were
considering doing something for GDoT (or any other event), you can always
put in an event bid also.

Second part the second (the caveat): The one part  about more than one
person putting in an event is that Cynnabar currently does not have a
"submit event bid for 'X' event by 'Y' date" written up. That is, when
should a GDoT event bid be due by? It's not written down anywhere. I do plan
to correct this so we as a Barony will have a standard calendar of dates for
our normal recurring events and when bids should be done by in order to get
them on Kingdom Calendar (if needed). This will then help give anyone who
wants to submit an event bid a much clearer guideline. I plan to have this
in place over the next month or so.

So it seems obvious that Johannes and Agnoletta are planning on submitting
an proposal for the GDoT event. If anyone else is planning on it also,
please let me know so I can make sure the process is fair to all.

-Finn

Seneschal, Cynnabar.