[Cynnabar] Wassail! Reminders

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Dec 17 18:26:48 UTC 2014

Unto all of Cynnabar, We send greetings in the Name of the Blessed and
Good. Peace be upon you all. May your lives be lengthened and your
happiness preserved. May you be shielded from your enemies. May your
blessings be increased.

We, Kasha and Ermenrich, write to you this seventeenth day of the twelfth
month from Our Barony of Cynnabar, by Merciful Providence in good health
and prosperity. As the Darkness of Winter encroaches, We travel south to
observe Cynnabar’s ancient customs and rites of Winter in the Kingdom of
Jerusalem. Yet we seek more than the Sun to dispel the Darkness in Our
lands. Longing for the Light of Friendship, We prepare to gather Our
Companions to Us on the Eve of the Solstice.

With that in mind, We herewith invite all who receive these greetings to
join us on the twentieth day of this month, beginning when the Sun is at
its Zenith and extending past Sunset into the Darkest Night, when We will
celebrate Friendship, Tradition, the end of Darkness, and the return of
Light.

Through the Abundance of the Most Merciful, We remain
Ermenrich, Shaykh of Cynnabar
Kasha, Shaykha of Cynnabar

------

In other words:

Wassail (Wassail!) is this weekend! We hope to see you on Saturday
beginning at noon as we ring in the Winter Solstice.

As you're preparing for the event, keep in mind that there are three
(three!) reasons to bust out your creative chops: the Cynna-Bar contest
<http://cynnabar.org/wassail/cookies.html>, a Table Decorating Contest
<http://cynnabar.org/wassail/decorating.html> judged by our *new* Baronial
A&S Champion, and an A&S display for anyone who would like to share what he
or she has been working on. You may also wish to bring crafts and games to
play with others, a dish to share in the potluck, or ingredients for our
wassail drink.

The event will feature plenty of unscheduled time for socializing, both
upstairs and in the basement family area. And for those who are looking for
more structured fun, there will be activities for youth and newcomers, as
well as a Middle Eastern corner with themed projects and entertainment.

In the evening, Ermenrich and I will hold Our first Cynnabar court, which
We are incredibly excited about. Court will feature the installment of the
new A&S Champion and two new Baronial officers, some entertaining
performances, and several Kingdom and Baronial awards. After court, please
stay for dicing, dancing, drinking, and desserts. The children of the
Barony will also receive a visit from a Very Important Guest.

Three safety-related items:

   - We welcome candles! They go a long way toward giving the event a
   "period" feel. However, *please make sure they are in candleholders
   whose sides rise higher than the flames*.
   - *Please bring ingredient lists* for your potluck dishes, including a
   list of the sub-ingredients that your pre-prepared ingredients are made of.
   (For example, did you know most soy sauce has wheat in it?)
   - Because of dangerous allergies, we have been asked to avoid having
   bananas at the event. *Please do not bring bananas* into the building.

You can visit the Wassail website <http://cynnabar.org/wassail/> for more
information.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!