[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 02/17/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 21:38:12 EST 2014

Last week’s meeting minutes.

Event and Demo Reports

Val Day – Good day for Cynnabar. Duchess Anne Marie received a Dragon's
Heart. Daye authorized armored combatant. And Team Helmblock (made up of all
Cynnabar fighters) came in 2nd in the warlord tourney.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) – We need prize donations. And Lady Cera
will be taken as a protégé by Mistress Giovanna.

Spring Revel Event and Budget (April 27th, 2014) – All set.

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) – Formal invite sent to their Highnesses.

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) – Going thru the paperwork

Old Business

Costume Shop donation ($100 for muslin) – This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process Every year we try to give back to the costume
shop where we are generously allowed to use for our grab workdays (run by
Mistress Melisant) by donating needed muslin for them to use. The suggestion
is to by 2-3 bolts (about 50 yards) of muslin and if there is any money left
over it will go buying distilled water for the irons. No issues. APPROVED.

Saline Celtic Festival (July 11th and 12th) (demo support and $100 for
snacks and Gatorade) – This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process This is to support the annual event/demo at the Saline Celtic
Festival and spend up to $100 on snacks and Gatorade (the Festival provides
water). No issues. APPROVED.

New Business

Support a fencing demo at Penguicon (May 4th) – This is in Roaring Wastes
territory but Birke has already received approval for us sponsoring the
demo. There will a number of site passes available for the demo only. If you
want to participate in the deme AND see more of the con, then you will need
to pay the con entrance fee. Will be done like the recent library demos.
This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No issues or
concerns.

Announcements

Discussion started about putting together a 3 ring binder of previous events
held with pertinent information (like site contacts, size, notes on layout,
attendances, how lunch/feast went (with numbers), etc.). It was suggested to
have this done electronically (like Google Docs) so it is easier to share,
upkeep and can’t lose a physical binder. Lots of good ideas. Mistress
Giovanna is leading this discussion/idea.

We received a nice thank you note from the Food Gatherers for the 35# of
food we raised at Wassail!

Next week is officer reports.

Birke is now a full Marshal of the Fence (at large).