[Cynnabar] Pennsic Schedule - Baronial Activites and TE's Partial itinerary

Hannah Schreiber via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jul 2 20:30:43 UTC 2014

Greetings unto Our fantastic Barony!

With the Pennsic War season fast approaching, We thought it'd be good to publish Our Baronial calendar and events. Below you will find a list of events that We plan to attend and other important items of interest. Should you have time, We hope you will join us if you're able. War is a busy event -- so we understand that schedules are crazy. We have outlined it by item and date so hopefully it's easy to review.

As noted in an earlier missive, the Barony does not have a pre-arranged time for volunteer service to the Kingdom -- but it still needs to be done!!! PLEASE sign-up to help with Kingdom retaining, guard or POD duty as it fits into your own schedule and you are able. You can do so by visiting this link! http://pennsic.castlewalls.com/

As always We look forward to spending lots of time with all of you at War!

In service to the Crown and Our Barony,

Tairdelbach and Hannah
Your Baron and Baroness

--

Pennsic 2014 Baronial Progress & Schedule

Saturday & Sunday  (7/26 & 7/27)
Land grab & Camp set up
Their Excellencies: Help set up camp and infrastructure. Return home on Sunday the 3rd

Sunday  (8/3) -
9 am - Opening Ceremonies

Following - Champion Battles

Their
 Excellencies: return back to camp mid-afternoon (With our apologies, an important family event will prevent us from attending Opening Ceremonies this year)

1 pm-6 pm - A&S Display (Their Excellencies plan to attend) Please make time to tour these fantastic displays from around the Known World....there's always something that will be talked about for days to come -- so don't miss out!

6 pm - Combat of the 30 (Their Excellencies plan to attend) Many members of Cynnabar come to compete in this fantastic tournament. Plan to come to watch!

Monday (8/4)-
9 am - Armored Field Battle & Baronial March to the field
Muster at 9 as a group with the Baronial Armored Army & Their Excellencies to march to the field battle. Our fine musicians will lead us in parade and pageantry to the battlefield. Do you know the Cynnabar fight song...?i If not,start practicing now! Stay to watch and cheer on the Midrealm victory! Bring a chair and sunscreen.

2 pm - Rapier Field Battle

2 - 5 pm - Cynnabar Group Populace Archery Shoot
(Their Excellencies plan to attend)
Archers to the line! We plan to progress as a group up to the Archery list to shoot for populace points. We will leave camp at 2 pm...please bring your bows & sun protection.

7 pm - 9 pm - Who's Line Doth It Be the improv comedy competition where anything can happen...hosted by the Barony's own Master Midair! Located in the amphitheater, bring your own chair, blanket, or plan to sit in the grass. (Their Excellencies plan to attend)

Tuesday (8/5)-
11 am - Armored Woods Battle
3 pm - Rapier Woods Battle

(3 pm-5 pm - Their Excellencies, PoD shifts scheduled)
o'-dark thirty - Cynnabar Gambling Night

The Armored fighters of the Barony plan to run a gambling night this evening. More info at war. (Their Excellencies plan to attend)

Wednesday (8/6)

10 am-1 pm - Known World Armored Baronial Champions Tournament
Cynnabar is the lead host for this reputable tournament for the Known World. Come watch as the Baronial Champions from all over meet to compete against one another in displays of prowess and grace before the panel of Barons and Baronesses. Your help would be appreciated for set up and during the tourney...please contact Their Excellencies.

1-4:30 pm Known World Baronial Rapier Champions tournament
Northwoods hosts this tournament in similar format to the armored one. Help with food, setting up tents, and bringing stuff out to the list field would be appreciated, we are co-hosts.

6 pm Baronial Thanksgiving (Potluck Dinner)
Everyone, please join us for a Thanksgiving themed potluck dinner in camp (AKA, get a good meal in you before 'drunken court!'). There will be a prize for the best dish served awarded by Their Excellencies. Award is based on theme, difficulty to cook in camp, and taste. Dishes for potluck do not necessarily need to be on theme to be participate, though, so please bring any dish to pass and share!

7 pm (ish) Baronial (Drunken) Court

after court - Midnight madness shopping
Progress from camp out to do some shopping...we'll see how long we can stick together this year...maybe we'll even make it to the end of Painted Wheel! :)

Thursday (8/7)
9 am Armored Bridge Battles

2 pm Rapier Broken Field Battle His Excellency plans to fight in the Rapier battle. Her Excellency plans to cheer on the team! Come join us!

7:30 pm MidRealm Court
Yes, you need to go to court!!! Please join as we celebrate the populace with awards from Our King and Queen.

Friday (8/7)
9 am Baronial March to the field & Armored Castle Battle

Did you miss it on Monday? Here's your chance again to muster with the group and march with the Armored Army to march to the field! Maybe we'll all know the words by Friday!

late afternoon -- take down camp. Time, tbd

Saturday (8/9),
Heading home!