[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 07/21/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jul 23 02:12:05 UTC 2014

What the heck is this? This can't be the meeting minutes from yesterday's
meeting!??!?! But it is! I want to get these out of the way before Pennsic
and not wait weeks to put them out right before our next meeting all the way
on August 11th.

Enjoy!

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Newcomers workshop at Practice (July 20th) - Three new people showed up
including 2 from Celtic Fest!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Enhanced practice: Closing of the Range III (Sun. Oct 26th) -

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) - Staff almost filled out.
Starting meetings after Pennsic.

Kerrytown Kindle Fest Demo (December 5th 6:PM to 10:PM) - Waiting on
application.

Old Business

Wassail! (Dec. 20th, 2014) with $500 budget proposal - Lady Godaeth has
brought forth an event proposal for Wassail! This year. Budget proposal of
$500 covers the $350 site fee and $150 for any insurance cert costs and
incidentals/decorations. No site fee but will be set as donation. This is
the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. All seems good.

New Business

Mass Meeting Demo (Tuesday, Sept. 23rd 6:30PM to 9:PM) - This is for the
Barony supporting the Mass Meeting demo for U of Michigan campus. Held after
Festifall to help recruit new members. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. No questions or concerns.

Announcements

-          Baroness Hannah would like to give Finn a round of applause for
coordinating the Q&A sessions.

-          There is a late Summer Revel planned for the August 31st Sunday
practice. This is also Labor Day weekend. The question is would people still
want to have this and come? People at the meeting seemed inclined to still
have it.

-          Sir Straum - The crate the came last week had the new Pennsic
cart and it is awesome!

-          Lord Tristan - Done with Grad School! Have a new child, Soloman
was born a week and a half ago and looks good in red, black and white.

-          Forrester Gray - Looking for someone with a video camera and
software to make a short "how to shoot" clip that can be displayed at demos.

Officer Reports

Exchequer (Tristan) - YWHMANYCHA. Roughly ~$11,000 in account with still
needed about $1000 in receipts.

Webminister (Aaron) - No report.

Fencing Marshal (William) - No report

MoAS (Arin) - Report was sent in.  Workshops continue (except during
Pennsic). Possibly adding bardic/signing workshops as well.

Mo Youth (Ceara) - Looking to step down if she can find a replacement. New
Youth rules are out. The old Youth Handbook has been removed. Basically see
the Seneschal handbook and Corpora for rules on dealing with youth. Note,
requirements on if a notary is required for minor medical forms is now done
state by state basis, for Michigan, it is not required. There will be a new
website done in the future with all the information. Also, Youth activities
at Talonvale was very well received.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Successful demo with the Saline Celtic Fest. Several
newcomers including some from the Saline demo and some transfers. We also
have more gold key.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - Next Citadel is planned for Sept 21st with last
submission date of Sept 15th. Looking for pictures and stories from Pennsic
(or other events). Still looking to step down. Please see Ermenrich if you
are interested in becoming the Chronicler.

Herald (Johannes) - Please bring your heraldry to Pennsic and display it! No
herald night in August due to Pennsic.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - (via Gregor) No armored activities currently but
have two new persons interested in fighting!

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) -  For the period June 17 - July 20, 2014:

Godaeth, Aeffe, and Forester Grey attended Baron Wars (6/20) to have
hands-on experience with combat archery equipment before taking the 8-hour
CA class on Sunday, June 21, taught by Master Erik Erikson the Scout. Grey
and Godaeth are now warranted as CA Marshals with Aeffe about to take her
50-question exam.

The archery demo at Celtic Festival (7/12) appears to have been very
successful, given the number of people who took advantage of the opportunity
to try out a bow and arrow.  Time will tell if any will actually make
contact with our Chatelaine and pursue SCA membership.  Thank you, everyone,
for supporting the purchase of the ballistic netting and your archery
marshals!!!

Practices have been continuing as scheduled at Dillon's, weather permitting.

The Baronial archery Website has been updated with our Pennsic Populace
shoot date (Monday August 4).  If you need a loaner bow please let Godaeth
know.  Forester Grey has completed 12 quarrels for use with our Baronial
crossbow.  THANK YOU!

In Service,

Godaeth, GM for Archery

Seneschal (Finn) - No meeting next week due to Pennsic. Next meeting will be
August 11th.

-          Q&A Sessions completed. Thanks to everyone for coming out and
participating.

-          Next steps:

o   Announcing of candidates in August Pale (all set)

o   Polls mailed out by MK Deputy for Group Transitions

o   Non-member polls will be available online.

o   Will have 30 days to return polls.

o   After that, MK Deputy for Group Transitions complies polls and sends
them to The Crown.

o   We wait.

Baron and Baroness (Hannah and Tairdelbach) - Court at Pennsic, please send
in Award recommendations! Please check the Order of Precedence for your own
list to make sure it is up to date! Yes we are still a Barony.