[Cynnabar] Closing of the Range: THANK YOU!!!

Elizabeth Calhoun via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Oct 27 13:47:11 UTC 2014

​nto Their Excellencies Cynnabar's Most Notable and Distinguished
Populace,​ hail!

(Forgive the re-re-posting from Facebook but I am sending my thanks as far
and wide as possible.  Additionally it gives me the chance to edit some
early-morning typos.)

My most sincere thanks to all who attended "Closing of the Range" and the
Cynnabar Fall Revel!

SPECIAL THANKS to Marshal-in-Charge Forester Grey Oddson and Guest
Tavernista Lady Marie de Rossett, both of whom worked tirelessly all day to
facilitate a glorious day's worth of archery and feasting for ... at least
50 attendees!

Thanks also to "guest" Marshals-of-the-Line from Stormvale and Roaring
Wastes, especially Brother Bart, Marshal-in-Charge of Thrown Weapons, and
Forester Padraig, *formerly* of Cynnabar, for his wonderful chicken shoot.

As always, most sincere thanks indeed to Forester Dillon ap Dillon, who has
hosted archery practice for everyone who could get to it, for the last
eight years, and will keep his range open into the future (season and
weather permitting, of course!).

Thank you, fighters and fencers, who enjoyed Dillon's green on a crisp fall
day. I think this was perhaps the first "combined arms practice" in the
history of the Barony.

To everyone who lent a hand setting up or taking down, and for all the
potluck items and fellowship of table and "day camp": one thing this Revel
was NOT was quiet. And that was a very good thing!

And unto the great patrons of archery in the Barony of Cynnabar, Baron
Tairdelbach and Baroness Hannah: HOOBAH!!!

--Godaeth, archer & Event Steward