[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 10/27/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Oct 28 22:55:53 UTC 2014

Hmmm
meeting minutes. Now with more flavor and ½ the calories!

-Finn

Seneschal (‘nuff said)

Event and Demo Reports

Dixboro Farmers Market Demo (Fri. Oct. 24th) – Great time! We were right in
the middle of things. Gave out lots of info/brochures. Next year need to
make list field all the way around. There is one family is very interested.

Closing of the Range III (Sun. Oct. 26th) – Awesome! Gorgeous day. Lots went
on. Really fun. Lots of archery. 50+ people signed in but probably around
100 people were there throughout the day, including many new people! This
was also the last court of Their Excellencies Tairdelbach and Hannah.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

A Grand Day of Tournaments (Sat. Nov. 15th) – Please donate more prizes, but
bring them on the day of the event. Youth schedule is worked out. We need
more retainers, please see HE Hannah.

Kerrytown Kindle Fest Demo (Fri. Dec. 5th) – We have an application!
However, the hosts are not used to people doing demos so they need to
discuss with the board of directors about us. Still waiting for a decision.

Nicola’s Gift Wrapping (Sat. Dec. 13th and Sun. Dec. 21st) – This is to
support our annual gift wrapping in garb we do for Nicola’s bookstore. Amyon
will start coordinating sign-up sheets towards the beginning of December.

Wassail! (Sat. Dec. 20th) – Site walk thru done. Figuring out site layout.
The site cost was dropped to $150 by the owner/renter (due to our
organization is non-profit and family oriented (and more likely to clean up
after ourselves)). Event Steward is looking to use the unexpected freeing of
funds (but not all) for decorations, including replacing some capital items
like table cloths that are at end-of-life, etc. The contract and site
deposit are in.

Old Business

New Event Proposal: Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015 - $7000
)  – Mistress Claire proposed we host next Spring Crown Tourney. Liberty
School in Saline. She is starting the proposal now in order to have the bid
in place by Crown Tourney. Bid will be due Nov. 22nd. Decision on if we get
the bid will be done at Kingdom 12th night Curia in January. Overall people
still like the idea of hosting Crown. This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. No issues or concerns. APPROVED!

GDoT Lunch Tavern proposal - AKA: Arina’s Magical Lunch Tavern ($500)  –
Magical Mistress Arina is willing to run lunch tavern again. Planning for
150 people with a $4 meal deal. This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. Mistress Arina confirmed this is an Apple Tree
Tavern and they might have vanilla sauce now
 (mmmmmmmm
..)  No issues or
concerns. APPROVED!

New officer for Chronicler position: Gavriil Petrivich – Gavriil (Gavriil)
has volunteered to become the next Chronicler taking over from Ermenrich,
because apparently Ermenrich is a slacker and wants to loaf around for the
next five years. But Gavriil (Gavriil)  has a background in graphic design
and plans on improving the newsletter as well as putting out some special
editions as well. Gavriil was not at the meeting this week, but a question
was asked if he will be able to make the meetings. THL Ermenrich said that
this was discussed already with him and he said that yes, he will make some,
but perhaps not all meetings. This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. No other issues or concerns about his
candidacy.

New Business

Business meetings and holidays –

November: Week of Thanksgiving (Nov. 24th) – We will still have a meeting
this week.

December: Week of Christmas (Dec. 22nd) – No meeting this week

December: Week of Christmas (Dec. 15th ) – Cynnabar Gift Exchange! (In place
of a normal meeting.)  Please note, if there is any critical business, we
will discuss it before the exchange but keep things short to get to the fun.
Also, with the normal Officer Report meeting canceled, and this 3rd Monday
meeting being converted to the gift exchange, all officer reports for
December should be submitted to your Seneschal via e-mail. No garb for this
(expect by their New Excellencies).

New Event Proposal: St. Cecilia at the Tower (May 8th – 10th, 2015 - $400) –
Jadwiga and Aaron brought forward their music focused event proposal. Some
good changes to the schedule were made based on last year’s feedback. Site
cost is $285 and $115 for fudge money for a total of $400. Lunch/dinner
taverns will be a separate proposal. There was a question around dates as
May 9th is Squire’s Tourney up in Lansing. We would have to ask for
permission for a second event under 100 miles, but they are two different
focused events. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process. Other than the date, no issues or concerns. They will investigate
the date further, but it was agreed that we can keep the proposal as is and
discuss shifting the date if needed.

Group discussion

This is a new section as there were a couple of items that needed to be
discussed with the group, but no decisions were to be made (so not
“business” that needs group approval.

Getting a Square (a device/account that will allow us to take credit cards
for gate/lunch taverns) – Discussion the idea that Cynnabar look into
getting a Square account (the small devices that attach to smart phones that
can run credit/debit cards) so the Barony can take plastic at gate and/or
lunch tavern. Aelfric was at the meeting and confirmed that, as of now at
Society (corp) level, we are not allowed to use these kinds of devices at
this time (due to accountability and tracking). Society is looking into
these kinds of things, but until vetted and approved, we cannot set this up.

UoM Student group president needed – We need to identify and ask one of the
students at UoM to become the new student group leader as Birke leaving at
the end of this year. Giovanna and Kasha have taken the lead in talking with
some of the new/active students (Nick and Chris, both interested and active
in fighting). They have been talked with and have asked to be able to think
about it. Kasha will follow up with them soon.

Fudge money – With many people adding ‘fudge money’ into their event
proposals, many people at the meeting thinks that this should
reflect/include real fudge as part of that money. Investigative trips by the
Barony up to Mackinaw Island were discussed (funded by our incoming Baron
and Baroness generosity).

Announcements

Godaeth - The Lady Aeffe and I hear that there will be archery practices at
the residence of a local Companion of the Greenwood Company and we will
likely be visiting that location and practicing there, since we hear these
practices are open to all archers!  We'll keep our eye on the weather and
maybe suggest that other archers of the Barony come keep us company.  :)

Finn – If you are interested in becoming the next Baronial Seneschal, please
see Finn.

Officer Reports (normally done on 4th Monday of each month)

Exchequer (Tristan) – YWHMANYCHA. Our coffers are good and we are well
stocked for a siege. We have 117.68 tons of iron ore. Or $9681.64

Webminister (Aaron) – We still have a website. Updates done with the archery
section with our Archery Marshal stepping down.

Fencing Marshal (William) – No update.

MoAS (Arina) – Crafting continues. Might make fudge. New workshops coming
soon.

Mo Youth (Ceara) – There will be youth activities at GDoT and Wassail!.
Getting the new box together. There are possibly three people interested in
the position and Ceara would like to turn over at Wassail!.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) – We had two demos -- Mass Meeting and the Dixboro
Farmer's Market -- both of which were a wonderful success! Big thanks to
Daye for coordinating the Dixboro demo and to everyone who attended either
or both demos. We have a number of new people regularly participating in our
events, meetings, and practices. And I have submitted my bi-annual report to
the Kingdom Chatelaine.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) – The office will hopefully transition soon. Not sure
when the next edition of the Citadel will be out yet.

Herald (Johannes) – No update.

Knight Marshal (Gregor) – The weather and fighting at Fall revel were
excellent -- thank you to the fighters who attended. Armored practice has
moved into the Union now. And we have two new fighters (Chris and Nick).

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) – 1) Archery practices over the last month
(Sep-Oct) have been very busy with the addition of several new people
showing up consistently on Sundays!  Foresters Grey and Dillon have worked
with young people while Aeffe and Godaeth marshaled the general archery
line.

2) We were delighted to have at practice on Sunday 10/19 The Honorable Lord
Ermenrich, our Baron-to-be, who worked with Forester Grey at the Line
learning his new bow, and was introduced to the archers present.  And
discovered our secret archery range tradition:  POPSICLES AT 3PM!!!

3) It is my very great pleasure to thank so many of the Populace for
attending the "Closing of the Range" event yesterday (you've already heard
about it under "Event and Demo Reports") -- especially Lord Gregor our
Knight Marshal and Lord William our fencing Marshal who were willing to have
their respective cohorts of the Baronial militia practice at the archery
range!  I'm still a little stunned by how busy and cheerful it was.  If we
do this next year:  A BIGGER GRILL!  And MORE MUSIC!

4) Some "details" of the end of the GM position.  Our Webmaster Aaron has
revised the Archery Website which now directs those interested in archery to
our Chatelaine, which was the custom as of 2011 and where we took over.  I
am happy to continue on as the local contact for Dillon's range.  The "
<mailto:archery at cynnabar.org> archery at cynnabar.org" email has been deleted
-- again, if people want more information, my umich email is fine, or PM me
on Facebook, etc.  The Officers listing on the corresponding Cynnabar
Webpage has been deleted.  I will work out the final disposition of the
archery loaner gear after GDoT.

Seneschal (Finn) – Is still awesome. If interested in being the next
Seneschal, let him know.

Baron and Baroness (Hannah and Tairdelbach) – This weekend is the monthly
tournaments at practice. Baronial changeover will be at 10:30 morning court
at GDoT! Please stay for evening court as well. As this is their last
‘officer report’, they want us to know that we are still a Barony. “We did
all the things!” *drops the mic, struts off
*