[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 08/25/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Sep 10 20:17:49 UTC 2014

>From 2 meetings ago.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Stormvale Demo - Had fun. Godaeth, Aeffe and Gray helped.

Red Spears Demo -  Gregor and Genoveva helped with German themed demo.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Mass Meeting Demo (Tues. Sept. 23rd) - No updates.

Closing of the Range III (Sun. Oct. 26th) - Looking at moving armored and
rapier practices to archery site for this day. Group Knight Marshal is
checking into including doing a walkthrough of the site.

A Grand Day of Tournaments (Sun. Oct. 26th) - Due to real life, Lady
Angoletta needs to step back as Event Steward and will be deputy. Lady
Godaeth will be stepping up as Event Steward. Getting the add into the Pale
for October. Meeting to be scheduled soon. Looking to get the event website
as complete as possible.

Kerrytown Kindle Fest Demo (Fri. Dec. 5th) - Still waiting on application.

Wassail! (Sat. Dec. 20th) - Looking for ideas and feedback from past for
what people would like to do. A "Lederhosen Luau" theme was enthusiastically
suggested.

Old Business

Nicola's Gift Wrapping (Sat. Dec. 13th and Sun. Dec. 21st) - This is to
support our annual gift wrapping in garb we do for Nicola's Bookstore. This
is the 3rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No issues or
concerns. APPROVED! Amyon will start coordinating sign-up sheets towards the
beginning of December.

Budget item for Youth Office ($50) - Request from the Minister of Youth
(Lady Ceara) for supplies/items for the office, including balloon pumps, a
chest for holding items (better looking than a plastic tub) and paints to
paint the chest. This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process. No issues or concerns.

New Business

Budget item for new stakes for Baronial shade fly ($130) - We are in woeful
need of stakes for the Baronial shade fly. Sir Straum has found a source for
good stakes and is requesting $130 to buy 25 stakes (and cover shipping).
This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. After some
general discussion about the stakes and number needed, there were no issues
or concerns.

Budget item for Exchequer supplies ($11.12) - Our illustrious Exchequer
Tristan need to buy new columned pads for the office at the grand total of
$11.12. After much scrutiny and hullabaloo, there was no issues with this
request..so far. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

UoM Student Group Discussion - Our UoMichigan Student Group leader (Birke)
will not be a student after the end of this calendar year. We must have a
UoM student in this position in order to have a on campus student group. If
anyone has any ideas, please see Genoveva. More discussion was held on
options and what impact there would be if we lost the UoM student group.
Also included in the discussion was looking into Eastern or WCC. People will
continue the discussions.

Announcements

Mistress Arin - Going to the Castle tomorrow.

HE Hannah - Late Summer Revel is Sunday. No rain plan. "Bad weather makes
for good stories."

Officer Reports (normally held on the 4th Monday of each month)

Exchequer (Tristan) - We have plenty of money. One point nine tons of copper
(which is $11,652.59).

Webminister (Aaron) - No report

Fencing Marshal (William) - No report

MoAS (Arin) - Craft nights as usual. Dye projects upcoming.

MoYouth (Ceara) - We have lots of youth. There are at least 20 youth in the
Barony. Doing surveys to get feedback (78 responses!). Looking to develop
more in the teen area. Lady Simcha is the new deputy.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - We have new people coming on Sunday. Please
introduce yourself.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - If interested in becoming the next Chronicler of
the Citadel, please see Ermenrich. Next Citadel articals due by Sept. 15th
with publish date targeting Sept. 21st. We were nominated for some Blackfox
awards including Best Newsletter (we got an honorable mention) and an
honorable mention for a special story.

Herald (Johannes) - Helped herald the Pennsic court and Baronial
Championships. Herald night is on.

Knight Marshal (Gregor) - Participation at practices has been decent.

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - Range is closed and reopens on Sept. 7th.
Quarterly report is due Sept. 1st. December 1st will be end of Godaeth's
tenure as Group Archery Marshal. If you are interested in the position,
please see Godaeth.

Seneschal (Finn) - SEND IN YOUR POLLS!

Baron and Baroness (Hannah and Tairdelbach) - Send in Kingdom award
recommendations for GDoT! You should come to the Revel! Reports are due
soon. Last Baronial Court (ideally) will be at Closing of the Range. We
remain a Barony.