[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 09/15/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Sep 22 02:51:57 UTC 2014

Knock. Knock.

Who's there?

Ima.

Ima who?

Ima lax in making jokes at the beginning of these notes.

Last week's meeting minutes.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

University of Michigan Demos - Thanks to all who helped out. We have
collected over 100 names and Genoveva is following up with all of them. And
will follow up again for Mass Meeting. It was great!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Mass Meeting Demo (Tues. Sept. 23rd) - There is room for fighting, rapier
and dancing. Discussed other day-of details.

Closing of the Range III (Sun. Oct. 26th) - Everything is on schedule and
looking good.

A Grand Day of Tournaments (Sun. Oct. 26th) - Had staff meeting. Discussed
how to use list space best.

Kerrytown Kindle Fest Demo (Fri. Dec. 5th) - Still waiting on application.

Nicola's Gift Wrapping (Sat. Dec. 13th and Sun. Dec. 21st) - This is to
support our annual gift wrapping in garb we do for Nicola's Bookstore. Amyon
will start coordinating sign-up sheets towards the beginning of December.

Wassail! (Sat. Dec. 20th) - Thinking about decorations.

Old Business

Budget item for new stakes for Baronial shade fly ($130) - We are in woeful
need of stakes for the Baronial shade fly. Sir Straum has found a source for
good stakes and is requesting $130 to buy 25 stakes (and cover shipping).
This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. There were no
issues or concerns. Approved!

Budget item for Exchequer supplies ($11.12) - Our illuminating Exchequer
Tristan need to buy new columned pads for the office at the grand total of
$11.12. There was no issues with this request. This is the 3rd of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process.

Approved!.

Budget item for new flooring for list fields ($500) - We need to replace the
existing flooring used for the list fields when indoors where we need to
protect the floor. Harbor Freight has a very good sale right now. The
proposal is for spending $500 and it should get us enough of the
interlocking matts for 2 list fields. There were no issues or concerns. This
was discussed in the previous meeting as well but did not make the minutes.
The biggest point of discussion was it enough to make the size list fields
we need and it was agreed that yes, as long as we can get it done in time
with the sale.  This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

Dixboro Farmers Market demo (Friday, Oct. 24th 3:30 to 7:30PM) - Also
discussed at previous meeting but not included in the minutes was the
request for doing a demo at the Dixboro Farmers Market. They are interested
in fighting. There is a question on what time the setup can start. It is at
the Dixboro Methodist Church. The big concern right now is if there is
enough people that can get off at this time during the week to successfully
support this demo? This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

Wassail! additional budget item for security deposit ($250) - Also discussed
at previous meeting but not included in the minutes was the need for an
additional $250 for the Wassail! (WASSAIL!!!!) budget. The reason is that
the $250 deposit is not considered part of, or taken out of, the general
site fee. Therefore, when the amount due for the full site fee, we need that
as well as the $250 security deposit. When the original budget was approved,
it was (incorrectly) assumed the security deposit was incorporated into the
site fee. Barring any unlikely need for the site to keep any or all of the
security deposit for damages, we will be getting the $250 back after the
event. No issues or concerns. This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process.

New Business

Budget item: Additional funds needed to cover Baronial polling costs
($29.63)  - Due to the overwhelming response in poll returns, the original
estimated cost for the Barony's responsibility (by Kingdom law) for paying
for the polling processing (paper, copies, postage, etc) was more than the
amount the Barony originally approved. The Barony originally approved $100
for covering the polling costs, but since we had such a great response, the
additional copying and postal fees needed increased the total the Barony is
responsible for to $129.63. Therefore we have a $29.63 gap we need to
approve. Due to the fact that the Kingdom Group Transitions Deputy fronted
the costs herself, it was agreed that we can expedite this approval process
to a single meeting for several reasons. 1) A person outside our group
fronted the money for us out of the goodness of their heart and making her
wait another month for the 3-meeting process did not seem appropriate. 2) It
is only a small amount we are approving, less than $30. 3) The Barony is
responsible for paying for this anyway. So after discussion everyone at the
meeting agreed that it was right and proper to expedite this process. The
extra $29.63 was approved and we can now cut the full check for $129.63.

Budget item: Materials for printing Baronial brochures and business cards
($60)  - Genoveva is requesting $60 to buy paper/stock to print more
business cards and brochures. This is the 1/3. No issues or concerns.

Announcements

Ermenrich - Submit by today (9/15) to ask for space for the next issues of
the Citadel. Articles due by Friday (the 19th)

Arina - Started choir again. Sundays 2-6 at Arina's house. Tuesday A&S
workshop will have spinning wheel..

Finn - If interested in becoming the next Baronial Seneschal, please see
Finn.