[Cynnabar] Barony Digest, Vol 59, Issue 16

Elizabeth Calhoun via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Sep 23 19:27:33 UTC 2014

Pardon another email on this topic:

I realize this puts me at peril of being accused of trying to have the last
word, but ... let me say, in *defense* of the proposal (and with Sir
Gregoire's comments fully in mind), that when Baronial officers do NOT ask
for reimbursement "routinely," but use their own means to cover the
necessities of their office (and I don't know how common that is for
others), to a degree it hides some financial realities that may better be
brought to light.  (This is my OPINION only.) Furthermore, I would never
want it implied or assumed that officer candidates of modest means be
discouraged from service due to lack of money to (privately) support their
office.  Again, this is my opinion.  My recollection of the SCA in 1978 was
that nobody had money: we were all students  And that continues to inform
my feelings about this matter.

And now you have *my* groat.  :)

In Service,

Godaeth