[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 3/22/15 meeting (Finn's last!)

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Apr 8 02:38:12 UTC 2015

No this is not on a Sunday. So please don’t try to go to the business
meeting tomorrow! If I waited to post these minutes at my traditional time,
I shouldn’t officially be seneschal anymore. So I thought I’d get them out a
bit early. I’m throwing caution to the wind! You can’t stop me! I’ll do
whatever I want as I’m still in charge!

ahem

I was going to write up a long last post, but then I realized it should be
in the Citadel. So see my last missive as your absolutely superb Seneschal
in our almost as superb newsletter! But what I will say is that, if all goes
well, I will be moving on from this position of being just the stupendous
leader of this great Barony. The very capable Mistress Kay will be taking
the helm from me and it will take someone with her great skills and depth of
experience to try to fill my shoes. But I feel she is up to the task.

As for me, you may be thinking, “But Finn, what will become of you?!?!?”.
Fret not, come to the Spring Revel as I’ll finally announce my plans. I’m
sure everyone in the Barony will be most pleased to hear what’s in store.

But while I’m happy to be done with the mundane parts of this position and
can take a much and richly deserved break, there will be part of me that
misses writing these minutes and agendas to my people of the Barony. This
journey has been a long one and these meetings and being Seneschal have been
part of what I’ve been for these past 3 ½ years. I am grateful that this
Barony entrusted the stewardship of the group to me. And with all humility,
I can safely say I’ve done a truly awesome job. While I may be done as your
Seneschal, I am far from done around here. Onto the next chapter

So here you go, my last set of meeting minutes, enjoy!

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

None! Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Spring Revel (April 12th, 2015) – Reminder that it is in Gallup Park! .
Please bring food to share as well as your own feast gear for the potluck.
There will be Monthly tournaments as well as the annual group picture! THE
REVEL IS IN GARB!

St. Cecilia at the Tower (April 24th - 26th, 2015) – No update.

Demo: Penguicon (April 26th, 2015) – It is now listed as Sunday on the con
calendar.

Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015) – Things are moving along.
Staff meetings are happening. Feast tastings happened. Archery plan is going
forward. We need all hands on deck for Cynnabar. Even if it’s 1-2 hours all
helps!.

Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – No updates.

Old Business

Budget item: Fabric and materials for making gift for Shadowed Stars
Baronial Investiture ($200 budget) – HE Ermenrich would like to make a gift
from Cynnabar to the new Barony being created, Shadowed Stars. A gift of
baronial baldrics we can make for them to help them out establishing their
identity seems appropriate. This request is for purchasing the materials for
making as many baldrics as we can for that price. This is the 3rd of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. APPROVED!

Budget item: Archery supplies, general refreshing of used items ($200
budget) – Forrest Grey would like the Barony to buy general
refurbishment/supplies for the archery community (targets, ropes, backstops,
etc.)  This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No
issues or concerns. APPROVED!!

New Business

Demo: Saline Celtic Festival (July 11th, 2015) ($75 budget request) – This
is for our annual demo we do at the Saline Celtic fest. The $75 request if
for snacks/Gatorade for participants. It is noted that we MUST have the
right amount of space (and people) this year in order to support archery.
It’s a huge draw and needs to be done right. This is the 1st of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process.

Group Discussion

[Note: Something new here from your Seneschal. As our group approves budget
items, we sometimes lose track of where the funds went and/or when the
project was (or was not) finished. So I want to start at least putting in
writing any previously approved items so we can keep better track of their
progress. These are meant to be very quick check-ins and not any lengthy
group discussion.]

Need to know if anyone is doing desert today?

Status check on budget item:

List upgrades – Has most pieces cut out. Did test on new design. Almost to
staining point.

Fabric for making new fighter tabards – Measured and cut out. Waiting to be
sewn.

Screens for t-shirts – Last orders due now. Have 47 orders.

Youth box – No change

New biz cards/brochure – Waiting for new group photo.

Baronial Ballista – Waiting for warm sunny days

Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering for in front of
Baronial thrones during court – Sunday going shopping and organize the time
with the team.

Announcements

HE Hannah – They bought a house!

Forrester Grey – Meeting at his house for Design Your Arrows session. Order
will be placed with Three Rivers.

Old member has left large black and grey cloak. Looking for new home. Just
need clasps.

Genoveva – Midrealm Gazette is new unofficial website. Go visit and
subscribe.

Officer Reports (normally done on 4th Monday of each month)

Please note: As my last meeting, I refuse to have any gaps in my final
officer report, so I will report for my officers that were not in
attendance!

Exchequer (Tristan) – Yes we have money and no you can’t have any! We are
well stocked larders with 312 wheels of Northsheild Woodland Cheddar cheese.
That’s about 1560 pounds or $10,942.44. Follow up note from Terp. We had 127
people gate in and ended up with a $686.59 profit. Also a special
commendation to Uillic for an awesome job on the forms.

Webminister (Aaron) – (via Seneschal) – We have a website. It’s very nice.

Fencing Marshal (William) – (via Seneschal) – We have fencing. It’s very
nice.

MoAS (Arina) – She has been to Sweden for a month. Workshops in  attendance
while gone. Probably start to use the Maker workspace more.

Mo Youth (Viktoria) – (via Seneschal) – We have youth. They can be very
nice. They can be noisy. They are fun to teach. They’ll surprise you!

Chatelaine (Daye) – Has three new deputies. Eddard as Univ. of Michigan
deputy. Gabby as Archery chat deputy. And Gavriil as Marshal chat deputy.

Chronicler (Gavriil) – (invoking his name) Next issue of Citadel is April
1st.

Herald (Johannes) – (via e-mail) Report is submitted and received TODAY!
March Herald's night was cancelled to allow the Crown Tourney staff meeting.

Knight Marshal (Gregor) – Had new people at practice. Good attendance. No
practice April 5th! Johannes is now an authorized fighter!

Archery Marshal (Open) – (via Seneschal) – If anyone is interested in
becoming a new Archery Marshal, please see your local seneschal.

Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich) – Lots of projects going on. Please
send in award recommendations, both Baronial and Kingdom. The Baron and
Baroness’s Progress is on the Cynnabar webpage. We are still a Barony.

Seneschal (Finn) – My last quarterly seneschal report to Kingdom was sent in
on time. (at this point Finn gave heartfelt speech and almost (but not
quite) teared up as he ended his last Baronial business meeting as
seneschal.