[Cynnabar] 20150810 Barony of Cynnabar meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Aug 11 19:54:26 UTC 2015

 20150810 Barony of Cynnabar                        7:00PM

Location:  Classic Cup Café   4389 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1831.

*Very Important News in New Business.  Please Check it out. *

Kay

*Event and Demo Reports*
*Pennsic War:*  Tales from the Baron and Baroness  War was A Tie!
Aethelmarc vs. Middle & East Equipment moved into the new Cynnabar storage
trailer (near Archery Range)  Birke die Jaegerin was awarded a Dragon’s
Tooth on the field. Birke herself told Kay: “I got the Dragon's Tooth for
having one of the loudest voices on the melee field, screaming at our
fighters to go where they were needed on our line.  :)  For being a very
loud, effective, noticeable commander.”   Well Done, Birke! 25 veteran
Cynnabar campers did not come, but lots of first time campers did.  Young
Quintonius (Jensen) learned the Cynnabar Fight song on his modern trumpet  and
played for marches to battle. Quintonius and Gavriil also went to the camps
of people who were summoned to Cynnabar Court and with long trumpet and
banner called them to attend the Baronial Court. The King of the Middle
peered out to see what was happening in his courtyard.  There are pictures.

Demo Report from Aeffe Torsdottir: *Literary Summer - Merry Adventures of
Robin Hood*, Historic Crossroads Village (Shire of Stormvale)  Cynnabar
members Godaeth, Aeffe, and Dillon participated with members of Stormvale,
Roaring Wastes, and Fearann na Criche to portray life in the time of the
legendary Robin Hood.  Fiber arts, carving, scribal, archery equipment and
fancy shooting were displayed and discussed.   Other attractions included
heavy fighting, tanning, chain mail, and garb items to try on. Ligessac
d'Isigny <https://www.facebook.com/ligessac.disigny?fref=nf> said: “Many
thanks to Ladies Godaeth, Aeffe and Aemiliana and Forester Dillon for
helping at our Demo. They were very pleased to have us, and would love to
have us back in the future.”

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar:*

*Fall Revel* needs to get organized.  *Grey has a proposal* for changes to
the Closing of the Range, and will develop it.  Since October 25 is the 600
th anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt do we want to combine that theme
with the Closing? Expenses are usually $250.  $125 for Privy (never
collected by host) plus misc. expenses.  Shall Meat be provided? Or rent a
tent? Please discuss and offer ideas and advice.

All Artists:  *A new supply of Tower’s Light badges* is needed.  Any
artisan interested in making a new design may show it to the Baron and
Baroness if you wish input.  Otherwise, creation is up to you.  24 pieces
are requested.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Festifall (Thursday, September 10, 2015  11am-4pm.) *Steward:
_____________________  The Chatelaine Deputies are planning to meet soon to
settle plans for this.  Kay has emailed this Chatelaine team, plus Hattie
and Birke to request their input.  Expect requests for help SOON.

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – *Agnoletta,
Johannes

Johannes is ill, but reports: October Pale ad: Agnoletta will be contacting
Genoveva by Wednesday.  Notice for the first planning meeting will be sent
out via list that will take place on either the 25th or 26th of this month
by Agnoleta. Ilse will be presenting tavern bid very soon.

*Wassail*  (__ *December __ 2015) – *Steward ________

Wassail <WASSAIL!> is near. We need a Steward, a bid proposal and a date.
Ermenrich advises that this is a good event for a first-time steward to
attempt.  Chelsea Fairgrounds has been a nice venue the last few years.

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* Mistress Jadwiga.

Calendar Listing approved today. There will be a Facebook page built off
the new Kingdom event FB page.

*Old Business   *

*Trailer for List field parts*. A flat bed is available for $329. Is a
covered trailer better? 5’x10’ would be best size. Shopping results:

No News or discussion

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) 2nd of 3
meetings $60-100

Online Car-worthy vinyl 3” rounds are $60/100 at
http://www.stickersbanners.com/  Are we Interested?  Are any artists
interested in developing a design?  An Elephant with the Cynnabar tabard
would be fun…

*Ilex *(sp?) is said to have done or discussed a Hi Res version of the Arms.
*Aaron*, do we have some interesting digital art already?  *Gavriil*, your
shirts a great.  Interested in this project/

*Proposal for Leather and Rivers for Armored Fighters *– Gregor   purchase
for $200 leather and rivets for use in our loaner equipment for armored
combat. 2nd of 3 meetings

No Objections, no new discussion.

*New Business*

As of* September *we need* either a new Meeting Site *or to* change our Day
*to meet.  Classic Cup Café will no longer be open Sunday or Monday
evenings.  The owner says that Tuesdays and Thursdays are both open.

We need to find a spot ASAP.  Ms. Arina might be willing to move Craft
Night in the short run if we cannot quickly find another location for
Monday.

If YOU know of a place we could meet please tell the whole Barony via email
barony at cynnabar.org.

*Other Group Discussion*

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:*

• *Refreshments for Known World Baronial Championships Pennsic Tourney*.
($200?) Just waiting for last receipts to be handed in.

• *Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering *($95 budget)
Ms. Giovanna Finish in the Fall, ready for Grand Day of Tournaments, says
the project team.

• *Youth box* – On hold till after War.

*Announcements* –

Grey has more honey than he knows what to do with; need some?

Viktoria:  The Cynnabar Youth Pages are up on the Cynnabar Web Site

Viktoria and Ilona are discussing a Pages School activity for Cynnabar
young people.  Based on the merit badge methods of the Gil Scouts it would
offer an online guide to the process and some web based resources for kids
of all ages to study new activities at home at their own pace, with
parental guidance, and demonstrate their work in Arts or Martial activities
at events.  This would provide a structure for learning and demonstrating
success that could be adapted to any SCA activity.  People to help draft
badge requirements or discuss the idea are welcome to contact Ilona at
ilonwud at yahoo.com

(You may recall Ilona/ Heidi as active until about 8 years ago.  She, her
husband Russ, and their children are rejoining us.)

Luisa attended Equestrian Marshall meeting at Pennsic.  There are currently
no Equestrian marshalls in Pentemere.  She is hoping to identify sites that
could have equestrian activity and to start the process to become a
marshall.  Grey reports he has a contact for her.

SCA 50 is going to have lots of Equestrian activities.  They are
encouraging participation to the point of possibly offering free stabling
on site.  Please pass this on for any equestrians you know; they will want
to check the 50 Year website for news.