[Cynnabar] Meeting Location

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Aug 12 15:54:36 UTC 2015

As far as I know, we have not paid for a venue (per se) since I've been in
Cynnabar. That said, part of the reason we have had free meeting spaces is
because at restaurants or bookstores, we are expected to spend money while
we are there. My understanding is that our deal with the Classic Cup Cafe
was that a certain percentage of meeting attendees are expected to purchase
food. (I've never seen the details of this written down though.)

I *hate *making people feel as though they have to buy something in order
to attend our meeting. On the other hand, if we do not meet somewhere where
attendees are expected to spend money, we may have to pay to use the
location. After all, venues do have to make money. So unless we can find
that Perfectly Ideal Space, we will probably have to choose one or the
other of these options.