[Cynnabar] Gauging Interest in an "Intro Recorder Playing" Series

Monique Rio via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Feb 10 16:20:54 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about running an "Intro Recorder Playing" series at my house
in the near future, and I'd like to determine if there's enough interest
for it to be worth my time.

The target audience is people who would like to learn to play recorder, and
would benefit from having a teacher and a weekly commitment. I'm assuming
participants have little to no musical background.

I have method books (Rosenberg's "Recorder Playing"), recorders, and
practice mp3s. Participants don't need to bring any materials.

The series will be six weeks long, one session a week, 1 hr long. We'll go
as far as we can in the book. Participants will be expected to practice at
home, but the amount won't be much.

I don't have a particular day in mind. It will probably be from 8pm - 9pm
on whatever day we do have it.

Does this sound interesting to you? If so, let me know! And even if you
couldn't attend a session now, but would be interested at some later date,
let me know that too.

Yay Music!
-Jadzia

P.S. A cat lives at my house