[Cynnabar] Terpsichore Turned 21!!!

Stephanie Ceara via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Mar 9 03:12:49 UTC 2015

Greetings lords and ladies!

WOW. Just WOW.

This was my first event of this size that I was running. It was an honor to
do so! It was also my honor to have such a fantastic staff this year. For
those of you who don't know them or what they have done, I would like to
make sure they are recognized for their great work:

-Mistress Giovanna as my drop-dead deputy who also assisted me in many
things.
-Lord Uillec who was the head of gate.
-Alex who organized the European Dance schedule and ball
-Master Aaron who was in charge of getting the band together, also for
printing the programs and helping with the website.
-Mistress Zahira for organising the Middle Eastern classes and hafla
-Felix for creating and organizing a fantastic day board.
-Magda for a cake so realistic that I was sure it couldn't possibly be a
cake and for organizing the dessert revel.
-Eidy for organizing and setting up the event on Friday.
-Gavriil for pulling together the clean up crew and getting the site closed
at least 10 min. earlier than we have in the past!
-and to the both of them for their efficient organization of people to make
an efficient change between classes and court in the main hall.
- Baroness Genoveva for an awesome website and being quick to make the tons
of changes I requested, sometimes many times a day. Not to mention having
done so while gone away on vacation. Also for helping getting people set up
with garb!
-The event's on call royalty liaison and for her help getting people set up
in garb!
-and of course, Their Excellencies for being a great host and offering a
fantastic court!

When I first started this, I went through estimating about how many
volunteers it would take in total to make this event work. I had counted
some where between 80 and 90 different positions that need to happen to
make the event run sufficiently. That means about 1/2 to 2/3 of everyone
who showed up to the event helped. I cannot express my thanks to everyone
one enough! Especially those who may have taken on 2 or more of the
positions that were needed.

The event was a great success! Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun and I
am thankful to be part of such an amazing and grand group of people that
make things like Terpsichore or any of the other events we run work so
well! I heard almost all great things about how things went yesterday and
that's because of everyone!

Thank you!

~ Ceara

PS. I will be sending out an exit survey for this event soon! Please look
for it and take it if you attended! It will help the event steward plan for
next year!