[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 3/16/15 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Mar 23 02:24:15 UTC 2015

To this fine Barony do I, your most awesomeness being of Seneschal send
spring greetings!

These are the second to last meeting minutes I'll send. I'm feeling a bit
nostalgic (or perhaps it's the garlic breadsticks talking?). I'll miss part
of this.

I'm going to have to find something else to do with my Sunday evenings 3
weeks out of every month.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Golden Seamstress - Good event. Simcha's team (just her and her mother) one
1st place! And Team Helive won second for their respective entries!
Congratulations to both. Also Genoveva judged at the event.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Spring Revel (April 12th, 2015) - There are proposed youth activities. There
will also be a short Crown event staff meeting.

St. Cecilia at the Tower (April 24th - 26th, 2015) - No update.

Demo: Penguicon (April 25th or 26th, 2015) - No update.

Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015) - Staff meeting Saturday
at 10:am at Mistress Clair's clubhouse. Information was sent to Kingdom MoAS
to review. Things are proceeding.

Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) - No updates.

Old Business

Budget item: Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering for in
front of Baronial thrones during court ($95 budget) - Giovanna and Millisant
has a nice design for doing a new floor covering for the Barony to use in
front of the Baronial presence. The design was shown and everyone liked it.
Targeting to have done by Crown. This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. No issues or concerns. APPROVED!

Budget item: Fabric and materials for making gift for Shadowed Stars
Baronial Investiture ($200 budget) - HE Ermenrich would like to make a gift
from Cynnabar to the new Barony being created, Shadowed Stars. A gift of
baronial baldrics we can make for them to help them out establishing their
identity seems appropriate. This request is for purchasing the materials for
making as many baldrics as we can for that price. This is the 2nd of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. Their Excellencies gave an update via
e-mail. Noted the example of their populace badge and are planning on doing
about 70 with the amount of fabric/materials the budget can purchase. Some
ideas on how to efficiently apply the badge to the baldrics were bantered
about. No issues or concerns.

Budget item: Archery supplies, general refreshing of used items ($200
budget) - Forrest Grey would like the Barony to buy general
refurbishment/supplies for the archery community (targets, ropes, backstops,
etc.)  This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No
issues or concerns.

New Business

No new business

Group Discussion

[Note: Something new here from your Seneschal. As our group approves budget
items, we sometimes lose track of where the funds went and/or when the
project was (or was not) finished. So I want to start at least putting in
writing any previously approved items so we can keep better track of their
progress. These are meant to be very quick check-ins and not any lengthy
group discussion.]

Status check on budget item:

List upgrades - No update.

Fabric for making new fighter tabards - No update.

Screens for t-shirts - 38 orders paid in full. Still targeting 50

Youth box - Needs painted. Need to by items, waiting for better weather
before buying/painting.

New biz cards - Still needs printed and receipts. Waiting for new pic from
this year's Spring Revel group pic before printing new brochure.

Baronial Ballista - Mostly done. Need field test. Monies are done.

Announcements

-          If you want a t-shirt still, you can give $ to Ceara.

-          Genoveva has kits for making the Queen's favors.

-          On the 24th, Forrester Grey will be doing an discussion on arrows
at craft night.

-          Armguard making workshop at Makerswork tomorrow (the 17th)