[Cynnabar] Meeting Minutes 20150518

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed May 20 22:25:07 UTC 2015

 2015 0518 Barony of Cynnabar                       7:00PM

Location:  Classic Cup Café   4389 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1831

*Event and Demo Reports*

Battle of the Inland Seas- Grey:  Archery was dull until the sun came out,
then very active, “people popped up out of the Grass!”

Aethelmearc War Maneuvers – Genoveva: At the site of Pennsic War.  Very
different with a small event.  She attended Pennsic Planning Meeting; will
be the Cartographer.

Medieval Conference; WMU, Kalamazoo – Daye: This is an academic conference.
Attended interesting sessions. Most used humor in session titles.

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar:*

See Monthly Report

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015) –*

Last Crown Staff Meeting was at 6 pm before the Monday Meeting 5/18.  All
is as ready as possible.  Claire: “Remember that if something needs to be
done and YOU are not doing something I will expect you to help.”  Setting
up for court, moving chairs, were the examples.

Lunch Tavern – Arina says she wants to promote the sale of drink tokens,
with idea people can  buy them to use as tips for their Herald for
procession or similar.  I think that is a great idea.  Genoveva will add
that idea to one of her Midrealm Gazette posts.

Coffee Service at the Tavern will start at 9 am.

*Saline Celtic Festival (July 11, 2015) - *$75 Art says: More to Come, A.C.
(After Crown). LIKE this on Facebook to see updates. Discussion of
increasing Friday Set up Crew by reminding people there is music and
entertainment into the evening after set up is done and dark falls.  Plan
to do both!

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – *Still planning!

*Old Business*

*New Exchequer Candidate –* 3rd *of 3 meetings* to approve Ilsa/ Heidi as
new Exchequer.

1-2 questions, then Heidi left the room for the vote.  Unanimous with one
spousal abstention.  The hand off process was discussed. Warrants must be
applied for within 30 days of agreeing to take the office, preferably
before the office changes hands. The following information is requested on
the form: Identity, Verification, and Endorsement.  Kay will write and send
the Endorsement this week.

*New Business*

< Sound of Crickets>

*Other Group Discussion*

Want to do Palio-style flag performance?  Talk to Ceara. She is planning to
start practicing the art.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:*

*Add the PO Box as a line item to the Financial Policy*, just like our
online Domain Names, and continue payment until further notice.  It needs
to be updated on the Website.

 *Refill the Student Account to a certain level.* Aaron, *AMOUNT= $_____?*
No report as of 5/18

*DONE  *Reimburse Ben the $40 he gave Hattie for replenishing the SOAS
Student Account.

*DONE  *List upgrades –

*Fabric for making new fighter tabards* – Out for Assembly

*Youth box* –

*New biz cards* – $50 Daye After Crown

*DONE *Baronial Ballista – Gregor is handing off the search for Crew

*Budget item: Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering *($95
budget) Ms. Giovanna  A.C.

*Budget item: Fabric and materials Shadowed Stars Baronial Gift ($200
budget) – *Baron Ermenrich  A.C.

*DONE *Budget item: Archery supplies, general refreshing of used items
($200 budget) – Forester Grey

*Meeting Planning:*  $00.00. Any further discussion on or Any Suggestions
for new meeting places to investigate.  A.C.

*Reprint Social Cards: $50 *Daye  A.C.

*Announcements** -- *NONE

*Officer Reports  *(Special timing due to Memorial Day. Normally 4th Monday
of each month)

 *Exchequer* (Tristan) – (via e-mail) Yes, we have money.  No, you cannot
have any.  Our forges are well stocked in preparation of pending war.  We
have 191.90 dry metric tons of iron ore.  Mundanely, we have $9,815.61. If
I am needed for any matter of exchequery before Crown, I will be in Grand
Rapids until Thursday night.  I apologize for this inconvenience.  I may be
of limited service Friday morning as we are in the process of setting up
for a garage sale in preparation of moving.  I will be in town all of next
week.  I can be reached best via email.  Tristán Bartolo de la Vega -
Chancellor to the Exchequer for the Barony of Cynnabar

*Webminister *(Aaron) – Changes since last report: Routine updates for
events & officer changes.

*Fencing Marshal* (William) –

*MoAS* (Arina) – Food Focused!  Created a new cake for Apple Tree Lunch
Tavern.

The change to Craft night format is coming.  Will try 1 Saturday per month.
This allows for more in depth projects and for people to work on multiple
items in one day.

Woad is in Season.  The crop is almost 5 feet tall; there will be a dying
workshop soon.

Expect a series on Pennsic Prep, similar to last year.

*Mo Youth* (Viktoria) – Ceara reports Viktoria is OK.  She has had some
interruptions in her life.

*Chatelaine* (Daye) – In touch with Hattie and planning for fall.  At the
Mass Meeting tickets will be given to come see Princess Bride for free in a
U/M auditorium, with free Popcorn!

Gabbie attracted a new person with archery!

*Chronicler* (Gavriil) – He is probably counting chairs, someone suggested.
(May be a Crown thing.)

*Herald* (Johannes) – I will not be at the meeting tonight, however here is
my report.

No Heralds night due to meeting for Crown Tourney.

As the Herald in Charge for Crown, I have coordinated with the Meadows
Herald. Reminder, anyone wanting to help with Heralding or assisting the
list should contact the Meadows Herald.

*Knight Marshal* (Gregor) – No fighting was done last week because of a
very low turnout, but everyone liked the changed site.  It’s close to
bathrooms.

A Fix It night was held at Jason Iron Fist’s in the 1st week of May.

No combat practice this week.  It will resume A.C.

*Archery Marshal* (Open) –

*Baron and Baroness* (Kasha and Ermenrich) – Crown is almost here.  Work
Hard & Have Fun!

Melee Practice last week (5/13) went well.  We are doing drills.

Next weekend, A.C. is the Shadowed Stars investiture.  Come with us! Show
your Cynnabar colors, favors. Cynnabar Pride!  [And So… Grey got up to show
off his new Red & White Tabard with Black Hood combination.]

Events will be outdoors almost every weekend from here throughout the
summer.

We are still a Barony.
*Seneschal *(Kay) – The next quarterly seneschal report to regional is due
this weekend.  I am almost done.  Is th