[Cynnabar] Cynnabar seeks a Minister of Youth!

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Nov 8 22:35:20 UTC 2015

Are you willing to be Cynnabar's next Minister of Youth?  Please consider
if this  might be a way to serve both your own interests and the needs of
the young people of the Barony.  Having children of your own is not
necessary, but being interested in them and their future in our Society is
very important.  To quote the Baron and Baroness, the best  possible
qualifications for a candidate for Office is willingness to  Communicate,
ability to make the time Commitment, and Enthusiasm for the activity you
encourage and oversee.

This office is not critical to our status as and SCA Branch, but it has
value.  Don't  imagine this is a office only for those interested in
working with small children.  Young people of all ages are important to the
future of our Society,and if you have interests this can be a way to
communicate them to a new audience.  Combat, Dance, Arts and Crafts,
Calligraphy and illumination, Sewing, Cooking, all the things we do can be
done by children with age appropriate activities.

If you apply you will have to pass the SCA Background check for people who
work with youth in SCA settings.  See Midrealm Website for more info:
http://www.midrealm.org/mkyouth/

And for an even better idea of the possibilities of the office speak with
the regional Minister for Youth, our own Honorable Lady Ceara!  I suggest
also seeing the Youth Combat Website,
http://www.midrealm.org/marshal/youth_combat.php

We hope to have candidates who will present themselves at the first meeting
in December.  Please write to Kasha, Ermenrich, or Kay if you have
questions about what anyone of us would like to see in a proposal to take
this office.

Thanks,
Kay