[Cynnabar] 20150914 BOC Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Sep 16 10:02:26 UTC 2015

We were in our new location.  It was pretty good.  The various dinner items
some people brought in from the different restaurants in the building
smelled good.

20150914 Barony of Cynnabar                        7:00PM

Location:  Pierpont Commons, U of M North Campus, Boulevard Room. 2101
Bonisteel Blvd Ann Arbor, MI 48109. NC43 is the number of the free evening
parking lot closest to Pierpont Commons. *FIRST TIME!*

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

*Let’s include everything we are doing in the Society in these reports; not
just events and travel!*

Vikings Come Home:  Lot of archer, a very tame redtail how with falconer,
Cattle Raid Battle was a good activity.

*Festifall & NorthFest - Daye*

Northfest: Labor Day

Hot and sunny.  Not allowed tents! Not in the shade.  Great crew:  Pete,
Gabby, Eadard/ Mike, Hattie.  Needed a bigger helm for show and tell.  Wax
tablet was popular.

Gave out:         140+ QR info cards

                        20 some brochures

                        50 email requests, all U/M students

Festifall:  Thursday 9/10

Much better weather and more reasonable time slot.

Kasha and Hattie came for a quick shift, Josie was a huge help all day, and
Gavriel arrived for the afternoon with water bottles and snacks! (Godeth
stopped by to say hello).  Serious Grateful props toe Eadard/ Mike for
working with me both days, and printing up more cards.

THIS WAS CRAZY HUGE. Lines wrapped around Hatcher Library.  Some groups
performed.  We need to do a fencing/ fighting/ dancing demo. It was less
than five minutes per group, and Hattie may need to register us
differently, but I think we need to do this.  Also we noticed the big
printed/ framed posters.  That might be something else the group should
consider. (Apply to the SORC Student Organization Resource Center to find
out more. Ms Kay) “Stone” was back to try on a properly sized helm.
(Thanks, Irenfist for the loan!)

Gave out:         214 QR info cards (AND some people just snapped the QR)

                        15 brochures

                        87 email requests

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*The Mass Meeting* Sept 24 Michigan Union Anderson Rooms, at 7 pm. Daye and
Deputies:

We need solid offers to run activities.  The calligraphy table was very
popular last year.  There will be some fencing and fighting.  What else?  If
you can commit please let Daye know.

Our Baron and Baroness will hold a brief court to give the flavor of an
event.  (Kay has dibs on being Seneschal)  Let them know if you can help
with that.

*Old Movie Night:*  Still seeking a location. Free Movie- Princess
Bride.  Popcorn
Provided.  Our goal is to attract students, give them a chance to meet us.

Expenses:  $100 from Rooms Fund in the Student Account.

*DEMO:  Dixboro Farmer’s Market Festival (Friday Oct 23, 2015) – *Gabby,
Anne, & Deputies.

3 pm to 7 pm. 5221 Church Rd Ann Arbor, MI.  Luisa /Gabby is the Point
person.  Write her at gabrielamd1994 at hotmail.com OR gabrielamd1994 at gmail.com

We will need help to set up a section of List field, Kay thinks. Daye
reports people did not understand it was unsafe to walk across the list
field.

*Fall Revel, Closing of the Range, & Battle of Agincourt 600th
Anniversary.  (Sunday October 25, 2105) Dillon’s Range.* Grey Odsson  $250.

A Rapier Battle in the woods has been added! Grey has a projector and will
be tracing targets.  He needs help coloring them in .  Please message him
to offer help.

If you need to warm up for the event archery practice will be happening at
usual places and times.

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – *Johannes $___
Budget. L*unch tavern budget $____*.

Staff meeting will be on Tuesday September 22nd at the Ypsilanti Library on
Whittaker Rd south of Ypsilanti down Huron St. Staff have been notified.
Web site is active with current dates. More info will be coming shortly.

*Wassail*  (*Saturday* *December 12, 2015) – *Steward: Eddy, with support
from Kasha and Ermenrich. Waiting on detailed proposal.  Site: Chelsea
Fairgrounds is booked

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga.

            No reports

*Old Business*

*Trailer for List field parts*.  $3500-$3950 3rd meeting of 3. APPROVED

A Black, 5’x10’ bed covered trailer 6 feet tall, complete with lights,
inside and out, hitching stuff and other technicalities that escape me at
this hour. Insurance

*New Meeting Site *or *Meeting Day.*

If the next meeting is as smooth and no serious problems arise I will ask
Hattie to book us into this space for the foreseeable future. I will also
ask her to find out if there is a room that usually includes tables.

*9/28 PLAN:  *Meet in the seating are on the ground floor where the
_______________restaurant is.  There seem to be lots of chairs and tables.  Kay
could put a sign on or near the Boulevard Room Door to alert people of the
move.

*In accord with the Financial Policy* the Student Account was topped off to
cover room expenses for recruiting events this fall.

*New Business*

*Terpsichore at the Tower (Fri & Sat, April 8-9, 2016 ) )* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Ceara  1st of 3 meetings

A written proposal was submitted.  See it as an attachment to the message
bearing these minutes.

There was a discussion on site tokens and whether it should change from the
traditional Dance Book.

*Other Group Discussion*

            NONE

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar**: *Their
Excellencies chose to go last.

Please see the request that has gone out for prizes to be awarded at Grand
Day of Tournaments.  Donate things you have made, or found or bought that
you think you would like to have as part of your event and Society life.

Please make award recommendations.  Their Majesties-to-Be, Nikolas & Serena
will be at GDoT.  We also can support your recommendations.  Let us know if
you would like others to write for someone.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  SKIPPED*

·  *Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering *($95 budget)
Ms. Giovanna:  for Grand Day of Tournaments.

·  *Youth box* – continues

·  *Leather and Rivets for refurbishing Loaner Armor *– Gregor  $200

·        *Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) 3rd  of
3 meetings $60-100

·        Seeking Art or Artists.

*Announcements* –
Emily E Smith visited the meeting.  She is a journalist writing a book
about the activities that bring meaning to people’s lives.  She is
developing a chapter on the Society.  Expect to see her a