[Cynnabar] Could Hattie Kindly Contact Me?

Kell Carnahan via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Sep 17 23:11:55 UTC 2015

At fight practice?  I'm sure if you pass it with the group marshal of
rapier or heavy (whomever the class is for), they would accommodate you.  I
know on the rapier side we've started to have a schedule of sorts, and we'd
love more people to teach classes.  Speaking for rapier, we'd appreciate
some notice beforehand, especially because there are a couple practices a
month that we already have plans made for and it would be difficult to
squeeze an extra class in those days (plus, it's fun to advertise it ahead
of time).  Don't think you're talking about rapier classes, but I can only
speak for that community (as our group rapier marshal's assistant, I
generally know how he thinks on things, and am on the internet far more
than he is).

If you mean for non-fighters, alongside fight practice - there is a small
alcove room right across the hall from where fight practice is held indoors
(October - April, generally) that is usually not used, and that has often
been appropriated for whatever classes have been taught before.  I know
Baroness Hannah has taught several scribal classes in that area before,
alongside fight practice.

Speaking as a fighter, I always appreciate it when these things are
announced, so then I can know to watch out for them and take them if I want
to.  I was saddened to learn that there was a neat class on pattern
drafting being taught on the edges of fighter practice a few weeks ago,
that I completely missed because I was doing rapier and there wasn't an
announcement (or I missed the announcement).  It sounded like something
that I would've liked to have learned.

~Birke