[Cynnabar] 20160208 Barony of Cynnabar minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Feb 10 17:54:40 UTC 2016

 *Workshop: we had such fun practicing basic belly dance steps! * Thanks to
Lady Fatima.  Nest week Warm Up for Terp continues as we try European
dances with Ms. Alina. If you have one you want to practice let her know.

20160208 Barony of Cynnabar

Anno Societatis L

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _10_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30.  _14_ attendees

*Workshop Topics:*  Tonight was *Middle Eastern Dance Basics with Lady
Fatima.*

·         Please join us at 6:30 for an interesting topic before each
meeting.

·         Please tell *Baroness Hannah* if you would like to present a
workshop.  All topics are of interest.

·         We can get a Screen needed. It *may* be possible to get a
projector, too. Please see Hannah.

*Feb 15 - European Dance with Mistress Alina.* Review some dances from
Terpsichore ball lists before the event. Dance level (either beginner or
more advanced) chosen day of class depending on who comes.

*Feb 22 Attending Court as a Newcomer.* Attending court for the first time?
Get a quick overview on what to do, learn who's who on the dais, and what
to do should you be called into the presence.

*March 8 - Kumihimo Braiding with Lady Terryl.* Try the Japanese art of
Kumohimo braiding. Learn some history of the art and techniques. Arrive on
time to get your materials! Tools supplies for 12+ people.

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

RUM:  Jan 25 Persona Focused.  Kasha taught a class, well received. Many
people with German personas were in her class. Max and Neshka also
attended.

Candlemas:  Many fun fights!  Tardelbach, Midair, Malachai, and Jorleaf all
traveled together.  THe Cynnaabar fighters did well in a “deep pool.”  Midair
made it to 4th round, Jorleaf to the finals.  Tardelbach had a minor injury
and had to stop.

Arms Practice had a great turnout 2/7. 13 practiced rapier, 4 or 5 heavy
weapons.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Terpsichore at the Tower (March 5, 2016)* St Paul United Church of Christ,
Saline, MI Ceara is event steward. Budget $1000 1/18/16 CHANGE to $2500
(Final TBD). Break even 84 Adults. 1/18/16 CHANGE to 182 Adults

·         Madelena is organizing the dessert revel.  Please let her know if
you can contribute. You do not yet need to say what.
magda_vogelsang at yahoo.com

·         Hannah asks if any assistance is needed for Royalty room. Daye is
Laison, will pass on.

·         Genoveva’s vigil for elevation to the Order of the Laurel.

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga is event steward.  Budget
$400. Break even 67 Adults.

·         Class scheduling continues.

·         Want to perform? Contact Aaron and Jadwiga.

·         Yes, there will be a general Sing for the last number of the
Performance.

*Old Business*

*Search for Minster of Youth Office* – No news

*Search for Cynnabar Pursuivant** – Grey is investigating the job with
Johannes.*

*Archery Marshal for Cynnabar:* Lady Godaeth Wisfaest. *3rd of 3 Meetings*

Universal approval for her offer to take the position.  Thank you Lady
Godaeth!

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI 2nd of 3 meetings

·         Oral review of the proposal, by Kay, from memory.  SEE 20160128
Minutes.

·         This Proposal INCLUDES training activities for Future Stewards,
as a workshop series and opportunities to shadow staff members.

*50 Year Celebration (June 17- June 2016)* Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds
1600 Main St. Danville, IN.

Check here each week for News of the Baronial Presence at 50 Year.

·         As requested I have sent a message urging the organizing
committee to get events and activities up on the calendar soon, so people
can plan their vacations.

·         The website has several martial and ceremonial activities on
the General
Schedule <http://www.sca50year.org/genschedule.html>, here.

·         We will discuss the Baronial Presence at 50 Year Celebration next
week.  I will send an email reminding people of this, and ask for a count
of who is planning to attend for part of the event. please state if you
have or have not registered already to camp with Cynnabar.

*New Business*

None

*Other Group Discussion*

*Arrow Building* is planned for the spring. Grey will organize it at Kay’s
Garage, with a practice range available. A pre arrow-making work party is
needed to set up the existing backstops. Consult Goedaeth about when to do
that.

*Spring Revel 2016* DATE TBD

·         Their Excellencies are soliciting bids for the Spring Revel. One
person has expressed interest.

·         WHEN?  April is best. May is full with Coronation, Batle of
Inland Seas, Pentemere Archery Academy, and Crown. Kingdon A&S  on
sequential weekends.

·         April has fewer events and more students. 4/16-17 has no Michigan
events.

·         Island Park New Shelter is being HELD for us on Sunday April 17,
2016.

o   Charged as if we were a city resident, $137 for the whole day.

o   Check and *Tax number* to Parks and Rec to CONFIRM SITE.

o   734.794.6230. Offices at CobblestoneFarm Barn.

*Pentemere 12th Night 2017* DATE TBD

·         Bids should be submitted by the first week of March.

·         A Site is not yet Booked

·         Baron reports someone has expressed interest in stewarding

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

*Baronial Trailer* Budget $3500-$3950       Black, 5’x12’x6’ single axle
covered, lights, hitch kit.

·

·         *The build has been delayed by availability of the siding.*
Second half of payment will be $1810. About $390 under budget, allowing us
to get the registration.

·         *Registration & Insurance:* Kay needs empty weight of trailer,
bill of sale, any docs we get, etc.  She will get State Registration and
send to SCA Inc for insurance.

*Royal Travel Fund Donation**  Ermenrich 10% of treasury, about $1000 *

·         *Tabled to 4/2016, until Terpsichore costs are known @ 2nd of 3
Meetings*

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) $60-100

·         No discussion

*Words from the Baron and Baroness* (Kasha and Ermenrich) –

Please get recommendations into the Royal website.  Add updates of event
attendance for older recommendations you have done, so they will pop up
when The Crown pulls ecs for Terpsichore.

Please Wear Red or Blue to St Valentine’s Day this weekend if you can, and
be part of the procession to escort Jason into Court for his Knighting.

We are starting our planning for Seige of Talonvale.  They still owe us our
fees … protection money … scutage … from this past summer’s campaign. While
no one actually attacked them we did appear to defend…so…

*Announcements:*

Gregor says:  Knights Marshall position will be coming open by Pennsic.  This
post can be a step to finishing your marshal training. Gregor is now a full
status Marshal.

No practice on Sun Feb 14.  (Valentine’s Day) Practice resumes on Sunday
2/21.

Via Email Tuesday:  Baroness Geniveve Rose de Glendalough, Sub commander of
Target Archery for Pentamere

·         To enhance the *planned Pentamere archery presence out on the
Pennsic War archery field* *each Barony provide their Barony's device in
the form of a small flag* to be hung on the flag pole or tents under a
larger flag of the Pentamere Device. 12X12 inches and two sided. Silk is
possible.

·         She says, “This would serve as a rallying point each day for the
Archers of Pentamere, thus showing unity, leadership, companionship and
friendship, plus possibly put fear into the hearts of the other Kingdoms
archers.”

·         I am very interested in pursuing this idea. It might be a good
workshop to make a batch of similar or larger banners for the Barony to
use. Or people could paint baronial banners for their own pavillions. I
want that, myself. What do people think?

Kay has suggested to Aelfric, Kingdom Exchequer, that Cynnabar’s fall event
might be a good test for the coming *PayPal reservation and onsite credit
card procedure*.

·         We would need a “Reservationist” to receive the emails of
information sent by the Kingdom Deputy Exch. For PayPal, and add people to
our roster of paid reservations.

·         About 3 weeks before the event online reservations are closed,
and the Deputy sends us the list of reservations and a check for the gate
and feast fees, minus a set fee per transaction.  Aelfric estimates that at
around $.50 per PayPal transaction.

·         Stewards would need to plan and budget for this expense if they
want online reservation services