[Cynnabar] 20160118 Barony of Cynnabar Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Jan 19 19:50:47 UTC 2016

 *If you read nothing else, read this! *
Our first two workshops were great!  Please join us at 6:30 for an
interesting topic before each Monday meeting.See the schedule on the
Cynnabar website: cynnabar.org/workshops
20160118 Barony of Cynnabar

Anno Societatis L

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. Meeting 7:30- 8:30.

*Workshop Topics:*  Tonight was* Developing an Event Bid, by Mistress
Giovanna. *

·         Our first two workshops were great!  Please join us at 6:30 for
an interesting topic before each meeting.

·         Please tell *Baroness Hannah* if you would like to present a
workshop.  All topics are of interest.

·         We can get a Screen if anyone wishes one for their workshop.  It
may be possible to get a projector, too. Please discuss with Baroness
Hannah.

*Jan 25 - Good Books for Medievalists, by Mistress Kay. *A round-table
discussion about Society related books. Come with your own favorites on a
list or in mind, please.

*Feb 8 -* *Middle Eastern Dance Basics with Lady Fatima. *Work on some
dances prior to Terp! Learn some basic Middle Eastern dance steps as an
introduction to what can be learned at Terpsichore. Dance level (either
beginner or more advanced) will be chosen day of class depending on who's
in attendance.

*Feb 15 - European Dance with Mistress Alina.* Review some of the dances
from the Terpsichore ball lists in advance of the event. Dance level
(either beginner or more advanced) will be chosen day of class depending on
who's in attendance.

*Feb 22 Attending Court as a Newcomer.* Attending court for the first time?
Get a quick overview on what to do, learn who's who on the dais, and what
to do should you be called into the presence.

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

None of those in attendance traveled this past weekend.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Terpsichore at the Tower (March 5, 2016)* St Paul United Church of Christ,
Saline, MI Ceara is event steward. Budget $1000 1/18/16 CHANGE to $2500
(Final TBD). Break even 84 Adults. 1/18/16 CHANGE to 182 Adults

Site Change Planning was our main focus.

·         The Crown is coming.  St Paul’s Sanctuary and Michigan Avenue
Lobby (vigil space) are closed due to renovations.

·         Michigan League (lovely ballroom) was booked, as was Liberty
School.

·         The 1St United Methodist Church of Saline [1200 N Ann Arbor St,
Saline, MI 48176] may meet our need for increased space.  Ms Claire is
seeing it Tuesday for another organization and will let Ceara know if it
looks good to her expert eye.  Ceara will see the site and make a
reservation if it looks suitable.

·         Budget was Increased to cover site change: This site will cost us
more than St Paul’s Saline. Amount is unclear, between $950 and $2100,
depending on how the church charges for classrooms. Ceara will make the
best deal [possible.

·         St Paul’s fee, if the check is cashed, will be reassigned to St
Cecelia Event if church agrees.

·         Dinner Potluck was discussed. This may no longer be possible.

·         Schedule will have to change due to Their Majesties wishes for
Court. The Event team members present seem to be keeping the essentials
foremost in scheduling: class times and Ball times are most important.

·         Gate Fee Increase to cover costs? No.  Fee is up $1 dollar this
year.  Treasury is fat, this is a normal emergency situation for an event
and we can manage it

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga is event steward.  Budget
$400. Break even 67 Adults.

A few teachers have committed to come.  The website is up and beautiful.

Discussion of Donations and Non Member Surcharges:  Should St Cecelia have
a requested donation for site posted? Yes. If any NMS fees are required the
event will pay them from returns.  Organizers do not want to avoid the fee
by not posting a suggestion, and attendees like to know an amount.

*Old Business*

*Search for Minster of Youth Office* – No news.

*Search for Cynnabar Pursuivant** – Johannes has had some interest from
people he speaks to.  He is posting the search to the Barony and on
Facebook tonight.*

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI

·         Event proposals are requested by Monday meeting, January 25
Meeting

*Shall we make a Royal Travel Fund Donation*?  Ermenrich 10% of
treasury, *about
$1000*

*Tabled until Terpsichore costs are known @ 2nd of 3 Meetings*

·         A Tithe our Treasury, 10% would be a nice medieval amount.
Perhaps do the gift at Terpsichore?

·         The Crown needs: No News

*New Business*

Archery Marshal for Cynnabar: Lady Godaeth Wisfaest

·         Godaeth is a warranted archery marshal.  No Questions were posed.
General sense of approval from those present. If you wish to comment please
come to the 1/25 or 2/8 meetings.

·         Godaeth’s Proposal for the office is attached.

*Other Group Discussion*

*Spring Revel 2016* DATE TBD

·         Their Excellencies are soliciting bids for the Spring Revel. Bids
due 2/8/16.

·         Island Park New Shelter is being HELD for us on Sunday April 17,
2016.

o   When I give Parks Customer Service Center our Tax number it will be
charged as if we were a city resident, $137 for the whole day.

o   734.794.6230

*Pentemere 12th Night 2017* DATE TBD

·         Bids should be submitted by the first week of March.

·         A Site is not yet Booked

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

*Baronial Trailer* Budget $3500-$3950       Black, 5’x12’x6’ single axle
covered, lights, hitch kit.

·         No News

·         *The build has been delayed by availability of the siding.*
Second half of payment will be $1810. About $390 under budget, allowing us
to get the registration.

·         *Registration & Insurance:* Kay needs empty weight of trailer,
bill of sale, any docs we get, etc.  She will get State Registration and
send to SCA Inc for insurance.

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) $60-100

·         No discussion

*Shall the Barony donate $250 of Baronial Funds to support 50 Year
Celebration in July?  *This is for the General Fund of the event, no
specific activity.

·         *Have we cut a check?  Not Yet*

*Announcements:*

None

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar**: *

Please start on Award recommendations for both us and The Crown since there
will be Royal Court at Terpsichore.

*Proposal:  Group Marshal for Archery in Cynnabar: Lady Godaeth Wisfaest*

Submitted Monday January 18, 2016 (A. S. L)

With the 2016 (A.S. L/LI) archery season on the horizon, enthusiasm is
building at Kingdom and Regional levels regarding expanded visibility for
target archery and greater opportunities for all of the Populace (at all
levels) to participate.  Never has there been a better time for the Barony
of Cynnabar to share in the glory!

--Cynnabar has relatively immediate access to a regionally-recognized,
*exclusively SCA* archery resource (Forester Dillon’s range);

--Cynnabar enjoys the active participation of local Foresters (primarily
Grey and Dillon, but also Padraig from Roaring Wastes, and Liges, Gerard,
and Erevon from Stormvale);

--Cynnabar has a store of archery equipment including a portable backdrop
and targets allowing archery to be staged at local demos etc.;  Foresters
Grey and Dillon have their own stores of well-maintained loaner archery
gear and are experienced beginner-friendly teachers and coaches;

--Many members of the Cynnabar Populace are at least casual archers and
many have their own archery gear;

--Cynnabar will celebrate the first year of its Baronial Archery Champion
as of April.

A Group Marshal for Archery would collaborate with the Baronial Champion
and local Foresters to encourage archery and archery skill improvement
among the Populace;  assume the SCA, Inc.-required administrative duties,
record and submit scores; coordinate notices of practices and archery
activities at SCA events; and “connect” the archers of the Barony to the
archers of Pentamere and our Kingdom.

I volunteer to be that person.

In Service,

Godaeth