[Cynnabar] Changing the 100 Mile event rule- From KSen, February AS L

Kay Jarrell via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jan 27 12:50:19 UTC 2016

Dear Barony,
I look forward to more comment on this issue.  Why should you write about
it?  And why to the Baronial list?

   - First, I hope discussion will produce greater light as many minds
   consider this issue.  Sharing here can spark a blending of ideas.
   - Second, Cynnabar produces 3 well regarded events, each with a strong
   core interest group.  Terpsichore and St Cecila's would both be considered
   special interest events by many people.  Grand Day of Tournaments is more
   of a "typical" SCA event, but has a few unique attractors that make it
   special.  Therefore, the Barony has a vested interest in how the decision
   about the distance change turns out, and in the process by which that
   decision is made.
   - Third, Cynnabar does great Kingdom level events.  We are respected for
   it. Others may want to hear from us.
   - Overall we have an excellent history of producing successful local,
   regional and Kingdom events. I think that you, the people who create those
   events, should be heard in this discussion.

I believe a message from the Barony with arguments presented by members of
a group such as I described will be valued and listened to by the Curia. If
we have a consensus of opinion (and a minority report, too) it is our duty
to pass it on.

In a week I will see what we have collected here, write a synopsis, get
your last comments, and send it as our collected advice to Crown and Curia.

Thank you,
Kay

*Kay Jarrell*

4363 Lyndon Lane  Ann Arbor, MI 48105