[Cynnabar] Changing the 100 Mile event rule- From KSen, February AS L

Elizabeth Calhoun via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jan 27 13:51:10 UTC 2016

Unto All List Members:

I don't exactly understand what recasting this "law" to 150 miles rather
than 100 will likely do ... but I do note that according to one mileage
calculator, Grand Rapids is 133 miles away, Kalamazoo, 100.  Port Huron is
98 ...

That's a LOT of Pentamere potential events, in that 150 proposed miles!

I don't believe that all events are GOOD events but I *also* think we
should have the right to vote with our behavior which events we'll attend.
Those events need to conform to a level of "worthiness" to be attended!  If
the "marketplace" is artificially limited, then to a degree, no one is
helped.

I'd rather like to know more what's driving this initiative, the primary
"stakeholders."

In Service,

Godaeth

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Kay Jarrell via Barony <barony at cynnabar.org