[Cynnabar] events

Anne Stevenson via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jan 27 14:57:17 UTC 2016

Despite the narrow focus of some of our events, however - I would hesitate
to have nearby events which could draw away potential attendees.  I think
we always want to make our events successful, and give the most amount of
people the opportunity to attend.

As Pentamere Seneschal, I tried to work with all of my local Seneschals to
be very respectful of the calendar.  Despite the 100 mile rule, I always
recommended trying to make the radius larger, if possible.  Encouraging
local groups to attend together events, to make all of our Region's events
successful.  I often feel that many of the local group just have too many
events in general.  Some end up being under-staffed, and I often hear
pleads for help with filling up class slots, gate workers, etc.  Which
makes me think that some of these events in general need to be reconsidered
to see if they are still viable.

I would much rather see less events on the calendar that are of
high-quality, than a bunch of smaller events for the sake of running
events.

But this may take a great deal of sitting at the table with Seneschals and
Baron/Baronesses within a Region to make this happen....

Just some random thoughts!
Giovanna