[Cynnabar] July Pre-Meeting workshops

Dawn Sinclair via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jul 6 16:42:43 UTC 2016

Greetings fine citizens of the Barony of Cynnabar!

Below is a list of the workshops that will take place prior to the Baronial
Meetings for the month of July! Hope you can join us for one -- or all of
them.

Workshops are held in the same location as the Baronial Business meetings
from 6:30 pm until approx 7:25 pm just before the meeting begins. If you
have a workshop you are interested in teaching or something you'd like to
learn about -- please contact me!

For a full list of workshops, meeting location directions, and lots of
information about our Barony, please visit www.cynnabar.org. (The
directions are located in the CALENDAR on the home page of the site under
each meeting entry.)

Yours in Service,
Baroness Hannah

--

*JULY 2016 PRE-MEETING WORKSHOPS*

*7/11/2016*
*Royalty Matters, with Mistress Giovanna*
In this pre-meeting workshop, we will be talking about how to assist with
Royalty at your event.  From serving as Royalty Liaison, to serving as a
Royal Retainer, come learn about the ways Royalty improves and complicates
your event and how you can best organize and create an environment which
allows Them to do Their job, while continuing to do yours!

*7/18/2016*

*Trans/Intersex/Third Gender in Medieval Times, with Draco*
This is the second portion of the two-part class where we will define
gender diversity terms and explore sex and gender minorities in both modern
and historical perspectives. This portion will be a round table discussion
of the themes and ideas presented in the first portion where we discussed
how the inclusion of minority groups can help with recruitment and
retention in the society.

*7/25/2016*

*Pre-Pennsic Project time, with Lady Aeffe, our Baronial MOAS*

Come an hour early and work on your portable projects! Finish up that last
minute hand sewing, scribal project, knitting, or other easy-to-travel
things that you just need to make time to complete. Anything can be brought
to can work on for the hour -- sit and work and share and chat until the
meeting starts. This is a good time to bring things that you might need
help or advice with…or would just like to share!