[Cynnabar] Cynnabar at Pennsic War

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Jun 14 15:47:30 UTC 2016

Hello, Barony!

We are starting to plan activities at Pennsic War
<http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn45/> (July 29 - August 14). This an awesome
event, and if you are able to come, We encourage you to do so.

If you plan to camp with Cynnabar, please make sure that you contact Sir
Straum and/or Lady Tigwyn. They will give you instructions about
pre-registering. You will also need to provide them with your tent
dimensions and estimated date/time of arrival. (If you need contact
information for them, email me back and I'll help you get in touch with
them.)

If you are attending Pennsic but will not be camping with Cynnabar, you are
still invited to all of our activities!

Here are some of the fun events we're planning for Cynnabar Camp this year:

   - *Pennsic Tour for Newcomers* (Sunday, August 7, at 10:00 am) -- Baron
   Ermenrich will conduct a walking tour of the site. Information will be
   geared toward those who have never been to Pennsic before, but everyone is
   welcome.
   - *March to the Battlefield* (Monday, August 8; Tuesday, August 9; and
   Friday, August 12, all at 9:30 am) -- As a Barony, we'll parade our armored
   and rapier fighters to the battlefield. Wear Baronial colors, and bring
   your drums, pipes, and other noisemakers. We'll also have banners to carry.
   - *Gaming and Gambling Night* (Tuesday, August around 7:00 pm) -- Join
   us for an evening of games for all ages, plus gambling with replica coins.
   This evening will also feature a bardic performance from the celebrated
   Mistress Zsof and friends.
   - *Potluck & Baronial "Drunken" Court* (Wednesday, August 10 at 5:00 pm)
   -- We'll begin the evening with a hearty meal together, then follow it up
   with an entertaining evening court, featuring delicious mixed drinks (both
   alcoholic and nonalcoholic), comedic interludes, and children's games. We
   will also have a costume contest. This year's theme is *A Midsummer
   Night's Dream*, so come dressed as Greeks, fairies, half-animals, or
   whatever your imagination concocts!
   - *Eat It, Drink It, Burn It Night* (Friday, August 12 around 5:00 pm)
   -- On the last evening of Pennsic, bring the leftover food, drinks, and
   fuel you don't want to take home with you. We'll pool them and have a
   potluck, a bonfire, and an evening of socializing and party games.

In case it is helpful, I have made "Cynnabar @ Pennsic", a public Google
calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=k0tio33kag8m0pak3oc9dmmmls%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>
that
lists all of the events above, plus more. It also includes information
about activities that various members of the Barony will be leading or
performing in (like tournaments and classes). If I've missed anything or
gotten any details wrong, just email me, and I will be happy to make
corrections, additions, or deletions to the calendar.

Sincerely,
Kasha Alekseeva
Baroness of Cynnabar