[Cynnabar] 20160613 Barony of Cynnabar Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jun 15 01:23:20 UTC 2016

 20160613 Barony of Cynnabar Minutes

Anno Societatis L

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _14 _ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30.  _ 16_ attendees.

  Daye, Peter, Gavriil, Ceara, Eadraed, Tairdelbach, Johannes, Grey,  Heilve’,
Ermenrich, Kasha, Aeffe, Godaeth, Bunny, Straum, Morwen, Kay

*Workshop Topics:*  Tonight was: *Cynnabar Camp at Pennsic with Sir Straum,
Sir Adler and Lady Tigwyn*

   -

   Please join us at 6:30 for an interesting topic before each meeting.
   -

   Please tell Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if you
   would like to present a workshop.  All topics are of interest.

   *June 20 Temari balls with Lady Terryl. This Japanese decorative art is
   fun, easy to learn, challenging to master and Colorful! *

   *June 27 Medieval Mustard by Baroness Hannah Schreiber *Mustard and
   mustard sauces were possibly the most common condiment used on the Medieval
   table. Come learn a short history of mustard, recipes used and how to make
   your own handmade mustard. This class is will be HANDS ON and you will walk
   away with some of your own mustard! $2 for ingredients and supplies from
   participants.

   BOOK CLUB! *The Return of Martin Guerre*, by Natalie Zemon Davis.  See a
   Synopsis at Amazon.
   http://www.amazon.com/Return-Martin-Guerre-Natalie-Zemon/dp/0674766911
*Planned
   Discussion: September.*

   *Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos *

   *50 Year Celebration (June 17- June 2016)* Hendricks County 4-H
   Fairgrounds 1600 Main St. Danville, IN.

   I am missing the names of 2 people who registered with us but never
   checked in…

   *Celtic Festival (Saturday July 9, 2016)* Saline Michigan. Baron
   Tairdelbach. Budget >$100 Sports drinks, snacks.

   Organizing!  On track.  Daye:  Bring a craft to work on.  Grey:  If we
   can get a little  more space we might be able to have 4 archery gates
   and move people in faster.

   *Pennsic War (July 29-Aug 14, 2016)*

   -

   Cynnabar will process to the Field on Monday, Tuesday and Friday of War
   Week.
   -

   Kasha Says:  A Google Calendar of Camp Activities will go up this week.  It
   will show what we are ALL doing at Pennsic.  Send me corrections if I
   get something wrong or if you prefer I not post something.
   -

   Need HELP to organize food for the Wednesday War Week Potluck, before
   Drunken Court
   -

   Need organizer and cooks to prepare food for the Known World Baronial
   Championship, also on Wednesday of War Week.

There will be a procession to the Archery Range, time and day still to be
determined.

If you need Archer loaner equipment, or repairs before Pennsic, contact
Grey Oddson.

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI. Ms. Giovanna Steward. Budget $1735. Breakeven 174.

   -

   Insurance Certificate is ordered

*Pentemere 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

   -

    Site News:   We may have the Church… but the cost is unclear.
   -

   The Church referred us to the other two Baronies who have hosted.  They
   will not set a price (possibly for tax reasons, suggests Bunny.)
   -

   We could follow the example of Roaring Waste and give them half our gate
   receipts.  $1000 possible. But is weather is bad this would guarantee we
   did not have to give them more that we received.
   -

   We can use Northwood’s example and give them ½ our Profit.  But first we
   have to split Profit with Kingdom if this becomes Kingdom 12th Night. If
   weather is bad we could lose money on the event.  And then how much do
   we pay the church?
   -

   Or offer them $500 base and ½ the Baronial Profit (1/2 what we have
   after splitting profit with Kingdom.
   -

   Ceara, Steward, is going to consider, consult advisors, and make a
   decision.

*Old Business*

*New Cynnabar Pursuivant Candidate* – A candidate will be discussed June 20.

*Search for Minster of Youth Office* –

*Search for Knights Marshal - *

*Search for Chatelaine *– To begin term at Terpsichore at the Tower 2017

*New Business  *

Terpsichore 2017 Proposals are Due

Gavriil made a proposal to Steward Terpsichore on April 1, 2017 at St
Paul’s Church of Christ, Saline MI.

Masked Ball, All Fool’s Day. Connected to the seasonal Roman feast of
Hilarius.

SEE Attached Proposal.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

*Request for $20 to stock clipboards, a new stamp pad, and pens.  *

   -

   What Progress?

*New Baronial Award Tokens* Ermenrich $200

   -

   Delivery Date:

*Royal Travel Fund Donation*  Ermenrich *$500 *This may be arranged between
Cynnabar and Kingdom Exchequers.

*Gift for Eastern Michigan Costume Shop, as thanks for access.*  *Lord
Uillec* *Budget $200*

   -

   No word on delivery of muslin, yet.
   -

   Their Excellencies will inquire at Garb Work Day , Saturday.

*Baronial Trailer* Budget $3500-$3950

   -

   STILL TO DO: Plywood lining for the body.  Men are working on a plan. It
   needs to be ready to use for Celtic Festival.
   -

   Sir Dag is working on designs for Decals for the outside.
   -

      This may need to be budgeted separately, depending on how far the
      current funding will go.
      -

   Trailer is Road Worthy and Legal!

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) Dropped for
this year.  I ran out of time.  Gavriil has a Vector version of the
Elephant created by Genoveva and I will look into this project again after
July.

*Announcements: *

It is time to book the site for* Wassail *(“Wassail”)  There was universal
assent to holding this annual event at the Chelsea Fairgrounds again.  Event
Steward is needed.  Please propose a staff and Budget to the June 20 or 27
Meeting.

If Archery Season is in full swing it is time to plan the *Closing of the
Range*.  This Late October event needs an organizer for a Potluck Feast,
and perhaps some planning to combine activities like last year when there
was also Fencing.  SEE Godaeth, Archer Marshall for Cynnabar, or Grey
Oddson, Archer Champion for information you will need to be Steward for
this event.

*PENNSIC PRE REGISTRATION ENDS Saturday June 18!*

*Old News:*

*The Citadel Deadline* will be* July 3, 2016.  *The theme Direction is
Western Europe/SCA timeline. Please use the Efile release form.

*Other Group Discussion*

…

*Words of Their Excellencies: *Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich)

No Regional Melee Practice this weekend.

Garb Work Day is Saturday 6/18. Eastern Michigan Costume Shop. See Cynnabar
Website.

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports *

*Smurf Shoot: *Grey went and reports this is a wonderful little event, much
like archery events were 20 years ago. The Smurf was taken by Cirion the
Left Handed, after a final where Grey have 3 one shot Kills in a row.  The
food was great; potluck is the tradition.

Siege of Talonval: Ermenrich reports a good event, and though Cynnabar was
defeated it took the combined might of Pentemere to do it.  Friday was fun.
Saturday started as a lovely day but a drizzle commenced.  Kay notes that
our Baroness was one of the wise Judges for the Siege Cooking contest.  Two
ladies competed, and it became, they reported to me, ad cooperative effort
as they shared garnish and efforts in the final moments of plating their
efforts. Mistress Heloise too the prize, but all the food was excellent.  It
had been too long since I have had Goat.

Those who stayed Saturday night did not have the torrential rains we
experienced on our way home, and Ermenrich says *some people* stayed up
Very Late.

There were several archery shoots, until the rain.  One that was postponed
till another day involved a 3 dimensional target on wheels.  Grey says a
Moose prize will be embellished with a walnut and oak case or reliquary…

The Talon vale Rapier Champion sponsors a tourney at this event.  Our
William was the most successful in a challenge to exchange 500 passes with
the Talon vale Champion.  Hooray!