[Cynnabar] Thank you!

Terpsichore Steward via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Mar 7 18:22:30 UTC 2016

Greetings to all.

The weekend has been laid to rest. I hope you all have been able to rest as
well. Terpsichore was a fantastic event this year! It ran smoother than I
could have ever hoped for. While I’d like to be able to take all the
credit, we all know that it is impossible for any one person to do such
things.

This year Terpsichore at the tower had at LEAST 70 volunteers. In order to
thank all of you individually, I’d have to have a list a mile long. It is
an honor to be the Event Steward of an event where people come from places
so far as Canada or even Texas. It is amazing to see the kindness that
people show as our volunteers did on Saturday. Whether you worked gate, set
up of any kind, tear down, taught, retained, guarded, worked in the
Kitchen, etc. please know you have my deepest thanks. These things and this
event cannot happen without your assistance and generosity.

There are a few people I wish to thank specifically though because they are
what push and gather the volunteers to make this possible. I would also
like to note that quite a few of them have never been a staff head before
and so for some this was their first time at being part of running an event.

Firstly though, Their Majesties for coming and being a part of everything
that happened at Terpsichore.
Alos, their Excellencies of Cynnabar who never stop to show their support
and help in many ways through the event.

In no particular order:

Maestra Giovanna for being my first Deputy and making sure what was going
on at all times, just in case she needed to step in.

Lord Pete for running a gate that was done smoothly and efficiently.

Master Aaron for making sure the Terp books were printed, the programs were
done, and that we had a live band to dance to in the evening!

The heads of Dance were Lord Alex and Baroness Simone who took care of
organizing the teachers for the European and Middle Eastern dance tracks
and thus made sure we had more than enough to keep us going all day!

Our lovely Terpsichore (Master Midair) for MCing the ball and being a
wonderful Terpsichore stand in!

Our lunch tavern was headed by Felix who did amazing with food that
everyone seemed extremely pleased with this year!

The wonderful dessert revel was headed by Lady Magda. All the desserts were
fantastic as always!

Set-up and Tear-down ended up being a tag team effort with Lady Daeg and
Lady Luiza. They came in and it got done! By the time clean up was
happening and I was going to check on the rooms, things were simply already
done. We had a lot of challenges this year as far as this went and it’s
important to express how this particular head staff works from the night
before until we’re all walking away from site and then some because it goes
to Daeg’s and then has to all be unloaded.

Lady Daeg also was the mastermind behind the gorgeous ball transformation
that I heard only how fantastic it made the ball! There was a lot of hard
work that went into preparing it and I think it paid off well.

The website was done by both Baroness Genoveva and Master Aaron who managed
to change the smallest detail within hours of being notified.

Every year we have Terp Books at Gate. These books are updated EVERY YEAR.
After working with them myself, it’s not really a small task either.
Mistress Alina is always on top of it and keeps us and the known world, up
to date on our dance steps!

Lady Eidy was our event’s Royalty Liaison who made sure everything ran
smoothly all day with them and that they were well taken care of!

Almost all of my staff heads had crews of their own whether they were
prepared before or had been added at the time of the event. I thank each
and every one of you for no one’s service goes unseen or unappreciated.
Thank you to all of you who volunteered and thanks for those who attended.
For without support of you, we would not have such a wonderful event.

Thanks once more and see you next year!

~Bantiarna Ceara inghean Mhuirgheasa