[Cynnabar] 20161128 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Nov 30 00:43:16 UTC 2016

 20161128 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _9_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _14_ attendees.

Attending: Hannah Schreiber, Tairdelbach ue Connell, Heidi Lemon, Kevin
Lemon, Theo Lemon, Morwen, Hattie Knapp, Aife Ruadh, Ermenrich, Aeffe
Torsdottir, Godaeth Wisfaest, Daeg Ingan Aeda, Kay, who did the best she
could with the handwritten names.

*Workshop Topics:* Tonight’s workshop was: *Holiday Sing-A-Long of** Period
Carols with Baron Ermenrich *

*Dec. 12: Period Games with TH Lady Ceara: …*

January 23, Book Club will be *Hilde *by Nicola Griffith. About Saint Hilda
of Whitby as a young woman.

            Contact Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if
you would like to present a workshop. All topics are of interest.

Meeting began at 7:36 pm

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Ann Arbor Christian School Demo Thursday Dec 8, 2016. Coordinator:
Daye. *Site:
5500 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105*, *

·         Choir practice has been held

·         Fighters, Dancers, and Singers are all recruited.

*Wassail! [“Drink Hail”]  Dec 10 2016, *Baroness Hannah *Chelsea
Fairgrounds*.

·         The Fire Bowl is organized.

·         Santa will visit the Children.  Please advise the Elves of
Children’s names.

·         Cynna Bar Competition will be a Dessert Auction to benefit Royal
Travel Funds. Winner will be the one whose contribution raises the most
money.* Category is Open Desserts/ Unlimited.*

·         There will be a Wassail Punch Bowl.  If you wish to contribute
please contact Hannah.  There is a recipe.  This is not College Punch.

*KINGDOM 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

This event takes the entire Barony working together.  Please plan to work 2
to 4 hours at 12th night. The Volunteer Sign up Sheet will be at Wassail.
The table which signs up for the most shifts will go to the Buffet first!

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

No report.

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 13-14 or 20-21?* 2017 *St Paul’s Church
Saline & M-Union Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17
notes.) *Donations at the Door.

·           Date decision still in process.  Weald Lake may have an answer
for us next week.

*Old Business*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Chatelaine – Possible Applicant is Eidy.

2.      Minister of Youth –

3.      Office of Group Marshal for Archery –

4.      Deputy Seneschal (Drop Dead) – This can be a track to becoming the
next Seneschal, too.  That post will open up in Spring or Summer 2017.

Winterfest Mon Jan 9 2017, 4-7 Lady Hattie. $25 registration fee

·         It's not as intense as Festifall (plus it's inside)  *People
needed to help man the table. *

·         Daeg will help Hattie gather banners/signage for the table

·         If anyone has questions/comments/concerns/etc, please have
them *contact
Hattie via email or Facebook*.

It is not too early to start planning* Grand Day of Tournaments 2017*.
Steward_____ Budget: Site $1200 + $____

·         Liberty School Saline MI, is booked as of Tuesday 11/15/16.  Thanks,
Godaeth! $1200 is offered “usual” rate for 7 am to 8 pm on Saturday.

·         Event has been submitted to Kingdom Calendar by Kay.

·         Kay will fill out the space use request and return to Joe
Freeman, by the end of December.

·         *STEWARD*? TBD.  Budget and planning should *start at the end of
January*.  An excellent planning document has been created.  Ask for a link
if you are interested in this honor.

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

NONE

*Status check on approved budget items    *Items in *Underline* need a
check cut, to be done next week.

*Pennsic Activities 2015 *$____ Eidy

*Wassail 2015 *$____ Eidy

*Baronial Trailer* *Budget $3500-$3950* Wood lining in process.

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $100 (- $36 disbursed 11/21)

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.*  Will
advise when done.*

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

*Site searching was discussed. *Based on Godaeth’s recent research there is
not any new site in the 15 mile radius around Ann Arbor.  Hannah recalled
some more distant sites used in the past.  We can go further afield.  If
you know of a site that might meet the needs of an event of 200-300 people
please send on that information or bring it to a meeting.

*December Schedule *

·         We will need to have all business for 12th night done by Dec 19th.
NOTE that the University is closed after 12/23.  We will not be able to use
Pierpont on 12/26.

·         *Annual Cynnabar Gift exchange. Date? Site? Organizer? *

o   January 2 is STILL the best plan. Any night but Monday sets up
conflicts with other Cynnabar activities.

o   Godaeth reports Zal Gaz Grotto Club is only available Wed or Thurs.

o   A restaurant?  Kay will investigate Holidays on Stadium, though they
may not actually have a meeting room.

o   Please report any possible sites for this gathering!
boc.seneschal at gmail.com

*Officer Reports*

Min A&S (Aeffe) – Choir is active and practicing, having Fun. Derian held a
Brewing Night, and may hold another one. Aeffe plans to start Craft
Meetings at Combat Practice. Bring your piortable projects and meet in the
Opera Lounge.  If Practice is not helpd we will move into the Anderson
Rooms and use that space, to keep our claim on it.

Chronicler (Gavriil) – Fall 2016 edition of the Citadel was published last
week.

Exchequer (Ilsa) – The Quarterly Report is in.  We may have made up to
$1400 on Grand Day of Tournaments.  As of tonight we have $10,680.12 in the
account, and all receipts seem to be paid.

Herald (Eadraed Alforde) –

*(1.) Grand Day of Tournaments.* I would like to profusely thank
Chaya-Simcha bat Yonah, Buckler Herald for generously offering her time to
teach the well-received "List Herald Training" class right after Opening
Ceremonies of GDoT and throughout the day acting as List Herald
coordinator. With her infectious enthusiasm for the subject, we were able
to gather a robust group of List Heralds, many heralding for their very
first time (!) as she guided us through a 'work-study' of sorts for calling
the 350+ [_need to verify this number_] fights during the day. My sincere
thanks also to those who answered the call for List Herald volunteers and
willingly donated their time to help make the day such a resounding
success. [Also my "Thanks!" go out to the Marshals for their patience and
understanding for any of our novice's shortcomings.]

*(2.) This month's Heralds and Scribes Night.* A group of approx. seven
people gathered at Baroness Hannah and Baron Tairdelbach's home on Monday,
November 7th for a lively discussion, among others, of all things heraldry
[for example: "combatant hedgehogs"] shared with a savory meal, wine, and
cookies! :-)

*(3.) Inventory of Baronial Heraldic Library. *I have begun an inventory of
the heraldry books owned by the Barony, with the hopes that it may be used
as the basis for additional purchases (and/or gifts) to build a strong
resource for name and heraldic research within the Barony.

*(4.) Baronial Award Name and Device Registration.* Ursula Georges
continues to lead the work on these registrations and steady progress is
being made on this front. -- I will defer to her, if she would like to
comment or update the populous on any details. [Just in case she might, I
have cc'd Ursula on this message.] And my "Thanks!" and gratitude go out to
her for taking up this project.

*(5.) Next Heralds and Scribes Night.* Our next Heralds and Scribes Night
meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 5th from approx. 7 pm until 10 pm
at Hannah and Tairdelbach's home. -- Reminder that this is a potluck
gathering, so please bring a dish to share. -- We hope to see you there!

Knight Marshal (Zygmunt) –  GDoT: His Excellency Sir Gregoire already
posted his report on the turnout and results of the event, so I won't
repeat them here. *I continue to get reports from our Marshals of the
field. * Practice continues to be well attended and folks are having fun. *
I am working with Gregor to make sure the Domesday is done and in on time.
Thanks for allowing me to serve the Barony.

Archery Marshal (OPEN ) – Note that Dillon ap Dillon might have practice
this Sunday 12/4.

Fencing Marshal (William, Deputy Birke) – No Report, though well attended
practices are said to be “very stabby.”

Chatelaine (Daege) – Doing all the Things!  Still Chatelaine

Webminister (Aaron) – No report.  Several gentles praised the Cynnabar
Website as a useful reference especially the order of precedence.  Discussion
of needed updates to that list.  Send information to Aaron if you have it,
please.

Min. Youth (OPEN) –

Seneschal (Kay) – My Quarterly Report is in process, and may even be done…
And it was in Sunday evening. Lots of Seneschal Business this last few
weeks:  Grand Day, working with Ilse and Elfric to get reports done,
checking with my regional on various questions for officers and event
stewards.  I hope I have been helpful.

Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich) – Much activity in the next few
weeks.  Be sure your recommendations to the Crown are in soon.  Scrolls
will soon be assigned for 12th Night.

We have a project in mind:  To photograph all the Baronial Regalia, and
interview people connected with the regalia so that we have a record of
it’s history and origins.  Like, the reason we have 3 Baronial Coronets…

We are still a Barony!

Meeting Adjourned at about 8:30 pm.