[Cynnabar] 20160912 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Sep 13 23:40:40 UTC 2016

 20160912 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _15_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _12_ attendees.

Attending:  Derian Ursula, Kasha, Ceara, Pat, Morwen, Hattie, Eadraed,
Lasair, Tairdelbach, Hannah, Kay

*Workshop Topics:* Tonight was: Sept 12 *Book binding basics with Lady
Terryl.*

            Contact Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if
you would like to present a workshop. All topics are of interest.

Sept 19 *Starting an Archery Kit* *with Forrester Grey.*  Archery for the
non-archer.  More info to come.

Sept 26 BOOK CLUB! *The Return of Martin Guerre*, by Natalie Zemon Davis
with Kay. See a Synopsis at Amazon. Come and discuss the ways this
non-fiction book illuminates life in the late Middle Ages. How is Martin’s
life (and his doppelgangers) like our own mobile society?  How does
mobility destroy the patterns of the Middle Ages and make way for change?
Have we chances to reinvent ourselves like

Meeting began at _7:31_ pm

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Late Addition To The Top Of The List!*

*Mass Meeting *for recruiting and welcoming people recruited at North Fest
is* Sunday Sept 18, 2016.  Lady Hattie  Michigan Union Anderson Rooms 12
noon to 4 pm.  *

·         *See the 9/12 and 13 Facebook discussion to learn how you can
help.*

·         *Gregor has moved Armored Practice to THIS location and time.*

·         *Hannah has moved Scribal Practice to THIS location and time.*

·         Their Excellencies are out of town, but will send the Thrones and
Regalia to represent them.

·         If you can come in period clothing, or bring a nifty project to
show contact Hattie.

*Canton Public Library Demo*:  Sunday October 23, 2016 tentatively 1-3 pm.

·         Demo leader: *Eidy*

·         Participant Sign up going well?

*Ann Arbor Dance Event,* Sat Oct 29, 2016 7 pm. Michigan Union* Lady
Morwen, Liaison. *This historic dance event is on our calendar because the
student group was invited to participate in organizing it.  All dancers are
welcome.  A web site for the event should be up soon.  Contact Morwen for
information.

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 Sat Nov 5, 2016,* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI. Ms. Giovanna Steward. Budget $1735. Breakeven 174.

·         A proposal for the Lunch Tavern is in New Business.

·         Set Up will start after 9 pm.  SEE the recent Facebook post from
Ms. Giovanna for information about set-up and a request for help picking up
the List Field that we are borrowing from Roaring Wastes.

·         Prizes are needed for many tournaments.  Please make them or buy
them and tell Their Excellencies what you plan to bring. Plan for
displaying your prize, too.

*Ann Arbor Christian School Demo Thursday Dec 8, 2016. COORDINATOR____. *Site:
5500 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105*, *

·         Leader: Unclear.  If someone is taking this on please contact Kay
to be added to the event.

·         This demo needs Dancers and Fighters and Musicians and Singers.

*Wassail!  Dec 10 2016, Chelsea Fairgrounds* – Reserved

 *Steward*:  May be a candidate.

*Proposal:*  No News

*Pentemere 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

·         We are on the Kingdom Calendar.

·         Ceara is struggling to get a contract and meeting, but the price
she proposed for site, $1000, was accepted. And classrooms are included in
the second building across the upper parking lot.

·         Staff roster is mostly full

o   NEED Set Up Leader

o   NEED Feast Clean up Leader

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

·         On Calendar? YES!

·         We will need a Contract, per Kingdom.  Kay has alerted Gavriil.

*Old Business*

*Custom designed Coins for Grand Day of Tournaments Betting Game*. Master
Derian le Breton the Coiner $120-150. *3rd of 3 meetings*

APPROVED!

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

Chatelaine – Applicant: Eidy

·         Eidy is invited to send a Society resume and statement of what
she wants to do with the office when she is ready.  She works Monday
nights.

Minister of Youth –

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Rent a Handicap Porta John for use at Closing of the Range, Baronial
Archery Marshal Godaeth, $150.* *1st of 3 meetings*

            No questions except, what happens for regular practices when
there is no privy?

*GDoT Lunch Tavern,* Lady Ilse $600. *1st of 3 meetings*

·         The break even number for Tavern is to sell 100 lunches at a
charge of $6.00 for lunch combo. A la cart prices available, too.

·         “Last last year I had the same budget and cost for lunch. We came
in about $150 under budget and sold out of almost everything. We made a
reasonable profit.

·         The many years that Ilse has run this tavern smoothly was
mentioned by her deputy, Baroness Hannah.

·         No Questions.

*Replenishing the Student Organization Account. $200. 1st of 3 meetings*

We have exhausted the balance of the SOAS Account and it is frozen.  To get
us through Mass Meeting Hattie is authorized to spend $50 on the
Seneschal’s authority to get the account open.

·         We have refilled this account regularly to cover room use at
University of Michigan buildings, and the use of AV equipment when needed
for a workshop.

·         Shall we restock to that same level?

·         Shall we reduce the amount by the $50 authorized on 9/12/2016 and
approve $150?

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. Mistress
Ursula, Herald. *

Shall the Barony complete and pay for the registration of our various names
and devices with the College of Heralds?

·         Ursula is willing to do that work if we approve the estimated
$136 for 8 orders/ awards and 8 badges.

·         Hannah says she has the filled in registration files from an
earlier effort to get this done.

·         Conflicts,  noted by Tairdelbach, should be able to be cleared,
per Ursula.

·         Our Registered Populace Badge is not the one we use.

·         Eadaerd will shepherd the process, as Pursuivant.

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Tower’s Foundation Medallions* –

*Baronial Trailer* *Budget $3500-$3950* Wood lining in process.

 * New Gloves for Rapier Practice and Training Lady Birke. $120 *6 pair
gloves at $20/ pair.  Purchase will be 2 small, 2 medium, and 3 large
cuffed gloves. Per Birke purchase is not done.

 *Announcements** & Group Discussion*

 Do we have Fall Revel date yet?  Shall we have a Newcomers Revel in the
winter instead, since Fall is already so busy? We need to pick a date; a
Sunday afternoon, if we want a Fall Revel.

*Closing of the Range *From Marshal Godaeth to the Facebook page 8/29.
“Information on *Closing of the Range *(Sunday, October 30, 2016). Thank
you to Their Excellencies, our Baronial Archery Champion Forester Grey, and
Marshal Lady Aeffe Torsdottir
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010408087981> for the planning
session last Wednesday. I will post more details in the near future but for
right now: this is a "practice with tournaments," 1-5p.m., beginners
welcome/encouraged, and garb encouraged but not required. (There will be,
with the Populace's approval, a Portacastle.) No potluck, just ... snacks.”

*The Cynnabar Student Group is investigating becoming a College. *They
would still be a dependant group of the Barony, but will have their own
name and identity in the Society. The process, and the idea of financing
the group’s start from existing Baronial funds was discussed. The group
would still be the Baronial contact point for UM business like room rentals
and we would still stock that account for those purposes.

*Words of Their Excellencies*

It was mostly all covered in other items.  Please work on your prizes for
Grand Day of Tournaments!

Meeting adjourned: _8:50_ pm