[Cynnabar] 20160919 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Greg Less via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Sep 22 11:57:28 UTC 2016

Hi All -

   Ann Arbor Dance Event - Could we please get more information about this?
Is this an SCA event or are we paying to help put on someone else's event.
If it isn't an SCA event, is it legal for us to use our funds in this way?
What will the SCA's involvement be? How will we be using this as a
recruiting session?

   Revise the Financial Policy -  I was of the understanding that the
student group was forming a "College" and that they would become shepherds
of their own destiny. The Barony giving them $250/year as a wrote matter of
policy doesn't sound like independence to me, it sounds like a policy item
that gives the barony free reign to meddle in the affairs of the students.
I would suggest instead that the students contact us if they need funds and
we can decide to support them or not as necessary. Ideally, they would be
asking us at the end of every school year so that we would have time to
discuss and approve the funds before any deadlines in August.

-Gregoire.