[Cynnabar] Arts and Sciences reports due

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Apr 12 18:27:39 UTC 2017

Hi, Aeffe.

Here's what I did during this period:

   - made a set of Heian Japanese lower-class clothing (kosode, hakama, and
   hitoe)
   - learned how to apply Heian Japanese ladies' makeup with THL Yamamura
   Kitsune
   - taught a class called "The Formes Fixes" at Val Day (Summary: *Three
   poetic forms -- the ballade, the rondeau, and the virelai --  dominated the
   landscape of French music and poetry in the 14th and 15th centuries. We'll
   learn to recognize the poetic and musical characteristics of these three
   "formes fixes", examine their history, and practice writing our own.*)
   - volunteered as a judge at Pentamere A&S on March 11 (and helped THL
   JahanAra with her demonstrating period techniques entry on Heian women's
   clothing)
   - began practicing for performances at St. Cecilia at the Tower:
      - 2 William Byrd pieces for ensemble, arranged and directed by Lord
      Alexander of Mistig Waetru (I'm playing bass recorder and tabor)
      - "O Mirtillo" by Monteverdi and "Fusca, in thy starry eyes" by
      Tomkins for five voices (I'm singing with Master Aaron Drummond, Mistress
      Jadwiga Krzyzanowska, Lady Siri Toivosdotter, and Lord Cailin)
   - made a mask for the ball at Terpsichore with THL Terryl MacAodhagain
   - attended Terpsichore, learned a new Italian dance, reviewed some easy
   English Country dances, and played in the pit band for the ball
   - continued to work on updating music at St. Cecilia Press
   <http://stcpress.org/>: translated ~20 new pieces, re-researched and
   uploaded original lyrics to ~150 pieces
   - worked on my blog <https://belaccueil.wordpress.com/blog/>: wrote
   extensive posts about the *Carmina Burana* and Japanese war tales, as
   well as composing two retellings of 16th-century Italian fairy tales
   - taught a class on award recommendations at a pre-meeting workshop
   class, you’ll learn what awards that person might be eligible for, how to
   find out what awards the person already has, and how to recommend to your
   Baroness, Baron, King, or Queen that they be considered for an award**.*)

...I think that's it. :)

-- Kasha