[Cynnabar] CORRECTED 20170410 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Apr 13 10:39:08 UTC 2017

 I typed a number wrong.  Please replace the first issue with this one for
email and PDF. I am gratified that people read these.  They can be a lot of
work, and it is nice to know.

Thanks!

Kay
20170410 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Boulevard Room, Pierpont Commons

Workshop at 6:30 pm.  10 attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. 20 attendees.

Attending:  Eadraed Alforde, Godaeth se Wisfaest, Aeffe Torsdottir, UIllec
MacLamont, Ilse Strauss, Ionis Masteel, Gavrill Peterovich, Alexander of
Mistig Waetru, Kasha Alekseeva, Ermenrich, Tachibana no Tomoe, Harkin of
the Moorlands, Morwen of Cynnabar, Harriet of Cynnabar, Ceara Inghean
Mhuirgheasa, Daege, Peter Paul, Eidy (Emily Weir), Derian le Breton
*Workshop Topics:* *Tonight was: **How to recommend someone for a Kingdom
or Baronial award, led by Baroness Kasha!*

April 17: *Arrow Repair with Forester Grey. Bring Arrows (or Bows) that
need work and get advice and practice.*

April 23: *Book Club:  What have YOU been reading?  What shall we all read
next? Planning for a Late June Book Club. With Ms. Kay*

            Ask Baroness Kasha if you would like some reinforcement and
encouragement to give your class on something that interests you.

Meeting began at _ 7:38_pm.

*Baronial Event Report *

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

·         Attendance:  111 adults, 2? children

·         Income: $1230 Gate, $457.55 Lunch Tavern

·         Profit? Lunch Tavern $32.00.  Event as a whole still to be
calculated

·         Gavriil said the event met all the team’s goals.  Went off
without a hitch.  Mew People. Great Lunch Tavern.  Many Masks. A survey
will be coming soon.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Spring Revel  Sunday April 23, 2017*  Steward: Lady Alana Elenora $220

·         REMEMBER:  While we have no “Gate Fee” for this event everyone
attending should *sign the list waiver*.  It also lets the Steward know how
many people attended. Waivers because this is an Event.

·         Want to fight?  Get authorized BEFORE Spring Revel per Marshal
Zygmunt

·         Please wear Baronial Colors for the annual Photo- Red, Black
and/or White

o   Please DO your PHOTO Waiver before the event. Thank you!

o   Here is the link! www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleaseModel.pdf Print, Fill in
and Sign. Bring with you. You must fill out a Photo Waiver, or we cannot
publish the picture.

·         Cynnabar Militia Business will be done, per Baron Ermenrich

·         Straum and Tigwyn will hold a talk: “Camping With Cynnabar.”
Pennsic Prep will be covered for new campers.

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 20-21* 2017 *St Paul’s Church Saline & M-Union
Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17 notes.) *Donations
at the Door.

·         MORE Teachers are wanted. Contact Ms. Jadzia or Mr. Aaron

·         Teachers and Performers are on the website.

*TRIAL RUN of Meetings at The Side Track Tap in Depot Town Ypsilanti In MAY
2017 * 5/8, 5/15, and 5/22. 56 E Cross St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
http://sidetrackbarandgrill.com

*Celtic Fest Demo Saturday July 15, 2017 Demo *– Baron Tairdelbach  $100
snacks and drinks

·         Set up is the evening of Friday July 14.

*Cook’s Symposium October 13, 14 & 15, 2017 *St Paul’s Church of Christ,
Saline MI. *Baroness Hannah $525     Breakeven 66*

·         Breakeven updated to 66

*Grand Day of Tournaments- Nov 4, 2017 *Liberty School, Saline MI.*
Mistress Genoveva Steward $2260 breakeven 174 (may change)           *

·         *Site is reserved. *Deposit should go to the school in July.

*Old Business*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Chatelaine – Eidy has applied,   *Formal Vote was held 4/10*.

*APPROVED with Thanks!*

2.      Minister of Youth –

3.      Office of Group Marshal for Archery – Regional Forester Paidrig
tells us the ANY Marshal can roster a practice.

4.      Seneschal – Derian le Breton has applied, *3rd of 3 meetings*.

*Derian’s Application was accepted with Pleasure!*

Baron and Baroness desire the formal transition to be done at Spring Revel.

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Lunch & Dinner Tavern for St Cecilia at The Tower Saturday May 20, 2017.
$400 *Morwen and Harkon, Chefs de Cuisine *1st of 3 Meetings*

·         Lunch Menu TBD.

·         Dinner Menu: Ramen Noodle Bowl Buffet. Top Japanese style noodles
with meats, veggies and other tasty bits.  Fill your bowl with broth and
enjoy.

·         Each will have a $5 Meal Deal.

*A Proposed Policy for the use of the Baronial Trailer *Presented by Kay,
NO Budget.* 1st of 3 Meetings*

            The Barony needs a policy to guide decisions about what we use
our List Field. The discussion Monday raised some ideas for revision.  A
full text with revisions marked up is attached as a separate document.  I
have also posted the proposal to Facebook.

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $100 ($36 disbursed 11/21) ($32 spent 2/13, disbursed 2/20)
$42 remains to be spent.

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.  Will advise
when done.

*Exchequer Office Supplies. $50.00-$75.00  *Lady Ilse

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

Alexander of Mistig Waetru requests to borrow the Cynnabar chest of banners
(and/or other decorative items?) for next weekend’s Motor City Swing Swing
Dance event.

“As many of you know, I run a swing dance organization (Motor City Swing).
Coming up on April 15 we have a medieval and renaissance themed dance in
Plymouth, and in addition to the evening's swing dancing there will be some
Renaissance dances performed and taught throughout the evening. I'm
requesting help from the barony and its populace on two fronts:

   - Volunteers who know some dances to help demo / teach
   - To help with the ambiance, permission to borrow the chest of banners
   (and/or other decorative items?)

“In exchange for aid, we would extend the MCS member discount to Cynnabar
volunteers, and set up a table of publicity materials for the barony (and,
by extension, the SCA). It would be a good publicity opportunity for
Cynnabar, and would help MCS put on a better event.”
Here's a link to the event page.
https://www.facebook.com/events/400972970275055

*                The Meeting agreed to loan the Banner Chest. *

Meeting Adjourned at about _8:55_ pm.