[Cynnabar] Thank you to everyone who volunteered and the head staff for 12th Night!

Stephanie Ceara via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Jan 8 19:24:09 UTC 2017

WOW! I am honored to be part of such an amazing barony. From the start,
this sight was a struggle, but against everything, the day was amazing. I
heard how wonderful the event was set up, how people couldn't believe that
we held a free tavern that not only included grand options for both
vegetarians and people who love meet but also catered to a number of other
very specific allergies... then closed out with enough to send people home
with it! I heard about how some people never felt lost on site because
there were enough directions and people to assist them in getting where
they needed to be quickly. I heard that there was a grand number of people
participating in all areas because the information was around site and
because we had heralds doing such a great job of letting people know when
Key activities were taking place. The event, for attendees wrapped up
nicely with feast which as far as everyone attending saw, went off without
a hitch.

There were many bumps we came to as many of you know but thanks to the
amazing work of every single one of you that volunteered from running part
of something for the event to doing something as simple as picking up a
piece of trash laying on the floor, the event was extremely successful!

I want to especially thank those of you that showed up at the start of the
event and stayed right through until very nearly being one of the last
people walking out the doors. In addition, there are quite a few of you
that not only did this Saturday but also came in and was there Friday as
well.

I am so impressed by everyone, that I can't even express it enough.

There is no possible way to name you all, plus some that volunteered from
outside the barony, You know who you are! Thank you once again!

To the Head Staff and their Excellencies

Anne Stevenson <https://www.facebook.com/anne.stevenson.180>- Thank you so
very much for being such a huge help! Not only did you assist in being
deputy to the whole event but also took care of Set-up and Hospitality.
Planning to be onsite early Friday Night was a grand idea and and one that
very well may have saved much more frustration than there could have been.
Everyone had great things to say about hospitality which not only served as
a great wealth of knowledge for the site but was a perfect focal point for
lost items as well as great conversation! You were there at site from 2pm
Friday (after picking up many people so they too could help!) until late
then back first thing Saturday and nearly were one of the last to leave
after having stuck around for set up! Thank you for all of your hard work!
I hope you're getting some relaxation time in today! (Please send Ilse your
receipt if you haven't already!)

Garret Patrick <https://www.facebook.com/garret.patrick.3>- Thank you for
everything you did. I know that Gate is often a very busy part of the event
and has many extremely important details to cover. It also often acts as a
focal point for people to ask questions. I know it took some time but you
did an amazing job! Please let me know what you need for Terpsichore. I'm
there for whatever you need! I also want to commend you for having shown up
the day before with Anne Stevenson
<https://www.facebook.com/anne.stevenson.180> and staying until nearly the
end that night so that I could have someone to keep me awake on the ride
home. You too also showed up the next morning before the start of the event
and were nearly one of the last people to leave. Thank you so much for
everything you did!

Dawn L. Sinclair <https://www.facebook.com/dawnlsinclair>- The test feast
was amazing. I know it's been WEEKS of cooking and working with others to
make this special. I can't express how thankful I am for your awesome
talent. I know that you have spent not hours but days in the kitchen
preparing for a moment that for everyone else was 2 hours long. But it was
certainly worth it to see the smiles of head table, the great conversation
and laughter of the attendees and the perfect food that catered to so many.
Never have I been at a feast that was so well catered. I was very impressed
with the servers and their ability to be kind and patient. I was impressed
that even with the blips of problems you encountered, it appeared as if the
feast was simply planned the way it was delivered. Not to mention that you
were so under budget!!! Like many others of us you were there a great
amount of time Friday! But Saturday you were literally one of the first to
arrive and the last to leave!!! Thank you for everything you did... now
please, get some sleep! *wink*

Michael Edward Rice <https://www.facebook.com/merkilter>- I'm pretty sure
that I owe you more coins! lol! You were awesome! I saw the team of clean
up in the kitchen (which expanded greatly! Go you!) But not only did you do
this, but you also were there for most of set-up the day before, You were
on site early and heralded many things throughout the day. You
volunteered... everywhere? LOL, I saw you do something nearly all the time.
And the one time I found you sitting, you were quick to help me out. You
were certainly a great part of what kept the event wheels going yesterday!
Thank you so much!

Heather Sauntry <https://www.facebook.com/heather.sauntry>- You did such an
amazing job! The lunch tavern was more amazing than I could have ever asked
for! And I am astounded how much you had left over!!! I heard people
talking about how they couldn't believe it was free! Especially not
something of such a caliber as you served. People came to me letting me
know how impressed they were as a vegitarian that they were able to get
their fill and have it be so amazing! I had other people tell me it was the
best tavern they have ever had or seen! Your work is astounding and I would
certainly be honored to have you do a lunch tavern for me again in the
future. In addition to this, I'm also impressed with how well you and Dawn
L. Sinclair <https://www.facebook.com/dawnlsinclair> were able to quickly
and efficiently solve the issues that occurred in the kitchen and down
stairs nearly seamlessly. Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Elaine Cohen <https://www.facebook.com/elaine.alina>- I have no idea how
you and Charles J. Cohen <https://www.facebook.com/charles.j.cohen> got to
site yesterday. I am sorry you were met with those struggles but I am more
than ecstatic that you were both able to be there. I have heard many grand
things about the dancing. I am glad that it worked out so well and that you
and Halla were able to make the best of a situation I want to say "wasn't
ideal" but that's not true. The other building not being available actually
was a blessing and allowed both things to be more successful! In addition,
I know you were also volunteering elsewhere that morning! I am so thankful
for all that you did for this event!

Renee Marie Charbonneau Metzner <https://www.facebook.com/renee.metzner>-
You were quick and on your feet at all times! You made everything with the
royalty as if it was easy-peasy! Even in the face of possible disastrous
situations you came to calm and with a smile! I can't even thank you for
all the things you did because I don't know the half, and for that is a
huge reason that I'm thanking you! I never once worried or concerned that
something wasn't taken care of for the royalty. Thank you so much! Also...
I have Kay already checking in to what we can do to remedy the coffee pot
situation! (Please send Ilse your receipt if you haven't already! Please
not that it will be added into the cost of feast per event steward
instruction and we'll work it out.)

Kirstie Maylor <https://www.facebook.com/vanillabrite>- I know this was
your first time doing this sort of thing, but you did it very well! I think
you did a wonderful job. The teachers classes were done and given to me
quickly. I appreciate your quick thinking and getting emails out and in so
fast! I hadn't heard until a couple days before the event that you had
gotten a job (Congrats!) and despite it's demanding hours, you were still
there in the morning, bright and early! I get how hard that can be! I also
hadn't known that you were working with Dawn L. Sinclair
<https://www.facebook.com/dawnlsinclair> to take stuff from the event. I
really cannot express how much help you were as I know that this can be a
huge task in itself. Not to mention that you did this all after actually
serving feast! I'm sure there are many other things you did that I don't
know about because that is the awesomeness of your nature! Thank you very
much for all your hard work and literally being among those of us who
closed out the event. (In addition to having to work many hours this day
from what I hear.) You were certainly a great value to many yesterday!
Thank you!

Kell Birch <https://www.facebook.com/birke.kelly>- I saw that things were
going well and you were being busy! I enjoyed getting to see the entries
and hope that everything that followed went well. Thank you for taking care
of this yesterday!

Art Sinclair <https://www.facebook.com/art.sinclair1>- I didn't get a
change to look through the merchants but everyone seemed well organized and
set up! I never heard any complaints or concerns about this and it seemed
to go seamlessly! Like many others, you were also there both days nearly
start, and were there until the finish. I know you had helped in many other
places as well. Thank you so much for all of your awesome work!!!

Dawn Bina Gerardi-Reid <https://www.facebook.com/albinagherardi>- You
and Michael
Reid <https://www.facebook.com/mjr1564> were there nearly all day tuesday
and then you were there all day saturday, from start to end! I know it was
tiring and taxing but I appreciate you and Jack doing all that you did and
managing to keep people on the go! Set up was made easier with quick
thinking and then clean up/set up between feast was done so well that it
was done WAY before court which meant everyone could enjoy court! I was
very impressed on timing! I know everyone is pretty fried by the end of an
event. I felt so bad for not being able to do more. Including trying pick
up a stack of things at the end and pulling a muscle in my back then being
told to set it down! lol. You did a great job at getting everyone organized
and people making efficient time and use of their skills. Thank you so much
for ALL of your help throughout the event!

Genoveva von Lübeck <https://www.facebook.com/genoveva.von.lubeck>- You are
amazing as well! I'd still love to learn how to do the website thing!
Perhaps for Terp? I thank you for your willingness to help teach me. I'm
sorry that it didn't work out for 12th Night! But more importantly thank
you for being so quick in getting information up and down, changed
backwards and forwards on the website! You made everything quick and easy.
And more so, Thanks for your hard work on the programs!!! I could never
have done those without you! In addition to this, you were busy doing many
other things too! Thank you and Alex for serving feast as well as staying
for cleanup in addition to the previous work you did! It was such a huge
help!

Emily Diane <https://www.facebook.com/eidy.gee> and Amber Resseguie
<https://www.facebook.com/amber.resseguie>- thanks for being on the snow
path earlier! I am glad it didn't snow and create extra work for you both!
Having the walks salted first thing in the morning kept them clear all day!
But this wasn't all you did! In addition to helping in any way you could,
you were there to make sure I ate (not an easy task :P ) I also heard and
saw you doing many other things throughout the day. You were on site before
we opened and you were among those who were closing out the event. Thank
you for everything the two of you did!

Chelle Silas <https://www.facebook.com/chelle.silas>- I'm sorry we didn't
get to talk more! The activities you had planned for youth point were
perfect! I hope you did get some through the day able to help you out! It
was so great to see so many kids having so much fun. At one point there was
a table down stairs that had 2.5 hour game going and it included populace
of all ages!!! I don't think I ever saw a bored child at this event! Even
Mal seemed pretty entertained all day long! Thank you for your work!

James Groat <https://www.facebook.com/james.groat.1232>- This was so great!
I know many of us are hoping to see more gaming at events. You had started
your area earlier than you had to (which is awesome!) I think you did a
wonderful job at getting people in, encouraging the coins, as well as
having fun! I heard from many people that this was appreciated and they
hope to see more of it at events! You've been part of this movement and I'm
so happy that it was able to be part of 12th Night this year! Thank you so
much!

Brian John Ferguson <https://www.facebook.com/derianlebreton>- I have no
idea how many hours it took you to do so may coins. I wish I could have
been more a part of it! Not to mention taking on a huge project while
moving!!! The comments I heard about the coins are many. People were
honored to get one let alone a bunch. And the staff and volunteers were so
excited to be receiving the copper ones as well. (Please send Ilse your
receipt if you haven't already!)

Carol Anne Perry Lagemann <https://www.facebook.com/carol.lagemann> and Matt
Lagemann <https://www.facebook.com/Ermenrich>- You both do so much with
such great kindness from set-up right through clean-up. You take part in
every moment of the day and even when you aren't at a particular place,
your presence, encouragement, and support certainly are there. Thank you
for all the assistance you gave in all things throughout this event!

--
~ Bantiarna Ceara